Ownership transfer

Basic question.
It is possible to offer a Glide app without the future owner having access to the “development code”, just some parameterization and data insertion, and without depending on the Gooogle/Spread Sheets (or DB Glide) account of the person offering the app ?

In other words: will the future user be the sole owner of the app and its data?

I believe that, without this possibility, everything else may be a joke for developers.

If that’s what they want, yes.

The way to achieve this is:

• Your client (future owner) creates a Glide account, sets up a team and invites you (the developer) as a team member
  • You develop the app in the clients Glide account
  • Once complete, the client removes you from the team.
  • The client now has 100% ownership of the app, and you have no access to it.

You can build an app in your account, with a spreadsheet you control, and never give the ‘owner’ direct access to either if you want. I am not sure in what sense they are an ‘owner’ in this case, but yes, you could sell the app to someone and there is no requirement on Glide’s side to give them any level of access or control.

You could even sell someone an app that they cannot even use (if they would buy it).

Thanks for your response. I was referring to customers who have no knowledge, nor interest in knowing the least amount of apps. They just want to access the application, perform some basic initial settings allowed by the application, load some information, share only some data. Think, for example, of a cafe or restaurant that wants to promote their products.
From the developer’s side, there is also no interest in being eternally tied to the customer or manually remaking an APP for each customer.

Thanks for your response.
I was referring to customers who have no knowledge, nor interest in knowing the least amount of apps. They just want to access the application, perform some basic initial settings allowed by the application, load some information, share only some data. Think, for example, of a cafe or restaurant that wants to promote their products.
From the developer’s side, there is also no interest in being eternally tied to the customer or manually remaking an APP for each customer.

Ah, I see. Apologies, it seems I misinterpreted your question.

Anyway, I think what you are describing is what the Glide Template Store is (at least partly) there for.

Thanks Darren. I’m going to check if this way it’s possible to offer apps to some companies without being dependent on both sides.

1 Like