Our Chores v1.0: An app that lets you manage and track your child(ren)'s chores

Possibly…or each task would be a row in the inline list with a button to clear the task like in the example of my chores app.

Sorry, I’m not sure what you’re referring to. Could you maybe do a quick video?

1 Like

Still processing apparently…but you can download to view.

1 Like

There it is. Nice job. Thanks.

1 Like

Yes @Jeff_Hager is correct. I forgot that fact many times. You would have to post a share link to the spreadsheet and instruct people to make a copy of it and then copy and paste the script into the sheet that was created by the app. Not an easy task for people not familiar with scripts and how they work in sheets.

1 Like

Thanks! In this case I DON’T want them to have a copy if the script. For this template, the sheet needs to be clean upon copying.

I only got around to watching your video now, sorry.

I see what you mean - when you’re in the builder it seems like you’re signed in, which for any app user would mean that a user profile row was created, but your user in the builder doesn’t get one.

Let’s say Glide would add a row for your builder user automatically once you pick a user profile table. Would that solve your problem? What if you change your Preview As user to an email address for which there isn’t a row yet - would you expect a row for that email address to be added, too?

Hm…hadn’t thought about preview…but it makes sense because it runs into the same issue. I’d perhaps like the profile row to get created when the builder “signs in”, by enabling User Profiles, yes.

Here are my thoughts on the matter:

2 Likes

The template app doesn’t appear to be enabled for copying

You’re unable to purchase the template?

Hi hi

Great apps! We are keen to adopt this for our school!

Can we:

Parent App:

1. Set points / credit to the tasks in a parent app setting,
  2. See daily / monthly tasks perform by child and total credit earn;

Child App:

1. Child app to update of daily tasks to gain credit point?
  2. Daily task is customizable?
  3. Or child can also complete ad-hoc tasks (outside the to-do list) for the day, so that they can earn points.

My 2 cents is this can be kept to one app instead of two, with visibility conditions for the right user (parent/child).

You can set a point value when you add a new task, in the add form.

If the task is recurring, what I do is to setup a Google Sheet to store the tasks in a table. I have a column called “Frequency” that will house values like “Daily”/“Monthly”, and the rowID/email of the assigned child.

Then, everyday, I run a Make scenario to check that Sheet.

If the row’s frequency is Daily, I add a new task, basically copying the found row to a new row (to create a new entry to track).

If the row’s frequency is Monthly, and the current day of the month is 1st, then copying the found row to a new row.

You can add the timestamp of row creation as well, to track what day it was when you assign the task to the child.

1 Like

A child who has logged in can see all tasks related to their rowID/email (based on the Tasks set up above).

Not sure how “customized” you want it to be, but if you have the right data structure then yes.

Yes, just add an “Ad-hoc” type to the Frequency column I mentioned above so that it won’t be copied by the automation scenario.

Great! Thanks…

Need to check out the apps first. Can i contact you if we are keen to explore extension on the app?

Not sure if you’re talking to @ThinhDinh or me, but yes, happy to take a call!

1 Like

HI Robert… Thanks for your response.

Yes we are keen to check out on this apps for our children.

Sure will set up as soon as viable.