Open Mobile Deep Links in Associated Pages App

In order to get a better user experience, I’m needing to open a related deep link screen in a pages-variant of my mobile app. Is that even possible yet? Can I custom craft a URL that can assist?

Basically, I’m not liking how when I open a deep url on a desktop view, it shows a side-bar which is basically an empty list since it’s a public URL and outside viewers aren’t going to see any list items.

Is there a way to craft my URL on mobile to hide the preview sidebar instead? Thank you.

Deep links are more than just a random string of characters. There is a lot of information encoded into that url, such as the root url, the row id, the tab index number, and other things to help navigate to the exact screen through the exact hierarchy within the app. It’s base64 encoded , so it’s pretty easy to decode, but I don’t think it’s ever been clear what every piece of information in that url represents. For that reason, I don’t think it would be very straightforward to reconstruct the url from scratch…especially for a different app or page. Even if you could you would have to be very careful if you start to make major structural changes to your app or page, since that would cause the url to change.

I’m not sure there is much you can do, but one thing to try would be to turn off tablet/desktop view, capture the deep link into a column, and then inject /full into the url before the query parameters. It used to be that you could use /full to get a full screen view, but without the full tablet/desktop mode. I’m not sure if that’s the case now.

1 Like