Open link from file on android

I have linked uploaded a file via a link component and attempted to open it with a button. When it is first clicked the file installs but subsequently it is unable to open the file and repeatedly displays the message asking me to check my connection or shorten my file name, which does not make sense.

Where is the file stored?

1 Like

I uploaded via a file picker into a “link” cell

I did a quick Google search and it seems that the message is coming from your device and not from Glide. I did find some information, in the link I shared below, which leads me to some more questions.

• What type of file are you trying to open?
  • Which app is supposed to open the file?
  • Does your browser download files to the internal device storage or to an external SD card?
  • What brand and model device do you have?
  • Which version of Android are you running?
  • Have you tried a different device?

I think your issue might be specific to your device and not a Glide issue. Do a google search for that error message and you will find plenty of similar questions and solutions out there.

1 Like

I have attached my phone specs for reference. Its a PDF file that I’m trying to open with a few different pdf file apps but all of them give me the same response.

My mobile downloads it to my internal mobile device storage. I’m using oppo Reno forgot the version of the phone but it was released last year. It does work on my MacBook air (latest M1 chip version) tho

If it’s a device issue, how do I solve it? Or is the only solution to wait for the latest glide or mobile version update?

I’m not sure what you can do to fix it, but I have a gut feeling that it’s not a glide issue. Sorry, I’m not sure how to help with this one unless someone else has ideas. I’d be happy to try it myself if you have an app link you are willing to share.

1 Like

I duplicated the app, here is the link to the duplicate: (https://duplicateapp.glideapp.io/)

Somehow i think whenever i click the button, the PDF will be “downloaded” instead of “viewed” i checked my chrome browser settings and turned off the auto download as well but it still happens. Sometimes the app that i try to use to open the pdf will also say that its a corrupted file other than “check my connection or shorten my file name”

I can’t get into your app. I’m guessing it’s set to private.

1 Like

Oh :sweat_smile: probably cuz I’m on the free plan and maxed out on users…ma bad