Open added row instantly

I am using my own. Which is the detail view I take them to after creating the new row.

show detail screen

Sorry I have not been following from the start. Are you adding rows through the add row action and then want to instantly navigate to the row that has just been added?

@ThinhDinh we need to get together one day… lol and have a drink… sometimes I also do my comments without reading the whole post… :wink:

1 Like

L.O.L. sure man! However I live in Canada :wink:

1 Like

not that fare… NYC

Edmonton Canada. I also have an office in GA though.

1 Like

maybe one day… i’m all about good parties and great coding!

:beers: Here Here!

1 Like

Okay, guys so this solution is not working. I am getting weird results causing issues where the use isn’t able to add anything to the New Row.

Can you describe the current flow that you have, and where things are going wrong?

1 Like

So I have a button that triggers a details screen. This screen has a custom form I. It. This form has a custom submit that runs an action that looks for a certain optional field and dynamically writes to one of 7 other fields depending on the selection. This is why I am unable to use a regular form.

The new row that gets created has a date time stamp including seconds. This main issue is that those times can be different time zones and so I can end up with the exact same time. It’s rare but can happen and has.

I wasn’t clearing the date time field upon submission at first as I now am. This quite possibly could be my saving grace. I am testing it today and will report back.

Daniel Canup
FiniDev LLC

Why is it a problem if two rows have the same timestamp?

Because after the new row is created the user is then routed to a details screen filtered via the dealer(logged in I user) and the latest date time stamp.

Daniel Canup
FiniDev LLC

Sounds like it should be easy enough to solve.

Applying row owners would be one way.
Are you including a “Created By” column in the new row? If yes, then you could include that in the filter and only show users rows that they have created. Then it wouldn’t matter if 2 or more users created a row with the same timestamp.

I have a field called D_N that it populated with the Login users name and already filter based on this criteria.
I cannot do row owners because the admins have to see all of them.

This just isn’t working.
@Jeff_Hager What is the point of adding actions to “on submit” to a form if the info used is not directly related to the form? Such as having a field that gets written to only if a certain selection is chosen via a select component. This cannot happen upon submission if the table row doesn’t exist.

I really need help solving this as my client is getting upset.

Can you create a video describing your current app flow and the problem you are having? I’m having trouble following your current setup. You mentioned above that you are using a custom form, but now you are saying that you are using the native form with the On Submit action. Procedures to make this work could be quite a bit different depending on how you have the app set up.

Edit: Also, I’m not sure where your are at with your app setup, but reading through the posts above and watching your video, it appears that you are setting a filter on the form screen, which doesn’t make sense. Your date filter is probably putting you on a row that doesn’t exist, so that’s why you can’t add data sometimes. Instead, the form can just default to the first row since it doesn’t matter which one you are on. The Show New Screen screen is what should be filtered. Your filter should only need to filter by signed in user, but the Sort should be sorted in decending sheet order so the last row becomes the first row. It should default to that last row that belongs to the signed in user.

Again, this would be easier to explain with a video to refer to so we can point out what specificly needs to happen in your app.

I have some time now if you want to talk it through. You can PM me.