One-click feedback from clients

Hi all,
Our Glide app is sending out messages to clients (SMS, email, etc.). We’d like to have an option to integrate quick one-click responses from clients. For example, if we send a meeting reminder, the client would have an option to click on one element to confirm, or another element request a reschedule. What is the best way to go about this?
My novice and non-coder brain has came up with this workflow:

1. Create a Google Form in which we’ll log the client responses.
  2. In the message to the client, we’ll include pre-filled and direct-submit links. The pre-pilled parameters will be something like clientID, response type, etc.
  3. In Integromat, we’ll watch for new form submissions. Once a new submissions is logged, we’ll start the required actions.

I’m sure this is very primitive solution, inefficient and prone to errors. I’d be happy to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

I had a thought about this weeks ago, but with emails. Apparently you can put parameters to a webhook URL (for Zapier/Integromat) and clicking a button directed to that URL means a form submission, just that the resulting screen after clicking that message might be weird for the end user.

Is there a tutorial on this?
It’s indeed not very eye-pleasing for end-users but it sounds like a great tool for our toolbox :toolbox:

I found this thread, I think the answer’s good.

1 Like

Our friends at Integromat Support have provided with this perfect solution (webhook to webhook response):

You can create a new scenario with a webhook and set up a 303 redirect response with the Webhook Response module. Here I used a Set variable module as example, but you can add however many and whatever modules you want:

You can send the client a link like this:

https://hook.integromat.com/6y8odxoj2****************f7fgt31yi7 ?user=BrunoIntegromat&account=1579

with all the parameters you need in the query string. When the link is clicked, you’ll get this information in the scenario:

You can process this data however you’d like and then add a webhook response module at the end:

This scenario will redirect the user to google.com after processing all the data. You can also map a variable as the Location value, so if the WhatsApp link is created in another scenario, you’ll need to either pass it on the Query String as well or use the data store modules to save and get it across scenarios.

Do note that if your scenario takes some time to run, the client will see a blank page until it actually finishes. If you need to use multiple modules in your scenario, you can instead divide it into two scenarios, and use an HTTP module to send the data received from the first webhook to another webhook to process the data in another scenario. The first scenario will respond quickly while the second processes the data “in the background”:

You can read more about the webhook response module here.

Another option, from the other way around (link=>webhook), using Short.io, and to be enhanced by using UTM. There’s also direct support for [Google Tag Manager,](https://Google Tag Manager and Short.io (Short.cm) Integration (Direct)) , Facebook Pixel and more.

No, I don’t work for either of these. Just like to spread the word when coming across a good service.

4 Likes

That is sweet! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.