OMG: New editor design!

Oh, my, god. Everyone get ready. This will literally be the best update of all time.
This isn’t gossip, this is a FACT! Straight up from @david
Take a look at this:

A NEW EDITOR?!? THIS IS WHAT I’VE BEEN WAITING FOR!! I LITERALLY CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!

I’m assuming this is going to be available in 2021… Unless the Glide Team works Turbo speed, which wouldn’t surprise me, as they always work turbo speed.

I’m going to miss the old editor so much! I’m literally taking screenshots right now.

I also assume that the only new editor is going to be the layout panel, and possibly the tabs panel. The ‘preview as’, ‘settings’, and data editor were recently redesigned, so I don’t think they’ll be making another version of that.

UPDATE: The ‘preview as’ panel will most likely be affected; I assume the device preview will be separated from the user preview

4 Likes

I was lucky to snag a sneak peak—it’s flippin’ awesome.

7 Likes

If Robert says it’s awesome, then that’s final. I’m literally going to be looking in staging all week long

2 Likes

Ya, more of the builder is there at your fingertips without needing to navigate away from screens or dive into menus. Also a few neat features that may or may not involve the organization of your components, etc. :shushing_face:

7 Likes

Lemme guess: Grouping and side-by-side components have arrived?

How about the ability to edit different screen variations mobile, tablet, web…? Spill the beans… don’t worry, we will keep this between us. :shushing_face:

2 Likes

@Robert_Petitto you shush!

8 Likes

LOL… it was worth a try.

1 Like

I’m not saying a thing :wink:

4 Likes

Where’s the images here?

wdym?

@Pablo_books since you got active on this community, I need not worry about missing out on what’s new with Glide! You are always on it :joy:
Thanks bro!

2 Likes

Thank you so much Manan!! You don’t know how much that means to me, I also enjoy your solutions!!

2 Likes

I was looking for some screenshots of the new glide editor, i saw a image of what looked like glide in tablet mode bbut nothing new it would seem, was that the image?

1 Like

there are no screenshots. its really secretive.

I say humbug to that, equal treatment people, equal treatment…and that is why none of us get out tutorials faster than some of the others…

I’m getting curious… It’s been 5 days now…

You wouldn’t mind sharing those screenshots, wouldya? :pleading_face::wink:

Probably Joe thought you would have some screenshots for a new post like this one but it’s just info from David and we don’t know when it will be live.

1 Like

There’s only one way to find out!

@david, would you mind telling us when this will be shipped to staging? I’ve been visiting staging every day, every hour, only to find no changes made :sob: You can put me out of my misery by telling us when this gets shipped :wink:

Or… you could just be patient :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes