Desktop View Editor in Glide

Does anyone know if there are any plans to have a desktop view editor in glide? This would be extremely useful.

2 Likes

It’s my understanding that direct design is for mobile because Glide is a mobile first PWA platform. The desktop/tablet views are then derived by adapting that mobile design. Unless/until there is a customizable desktop version that allow us to design independently from the mobile design-or the ability for us to adjust the mobile for other breakpoints, I don’t think we would see a desktop view in the builder. Just my take on how the platform works. Perhaps someone from Glide team will give an official answer. We hear in the community that someday a more tailored desktop/tablet version will be released. I keep a window open with the desktop version while I’m building, but we don’t have any control over it except to see the results of our mobile design as they translate to the desktop.

2 Likes

In the editor, it would be great if we could select desktop layout options and then add components into that section.

This for example would be a 3 layout option as there is a left, center and right with individual components inside.

2 Likes

Our medium-term plan is to improve the tablet layout with more desktop-like features. Desktop and tablet interfaces are converging in general, so we will follow that trend. We’d like to add a tablet layout preview in the builder soon.

12 Likes

@david That would be incredible! :raised_hands:

1 Like

@Mark For desktop view… is it possible to have the tabs along the bottom display vertically along the side. Like shown in this image:

1 Like

Is this coming soon? My understanding is that it would look somewhat like this:

2 Likes

We have an all-new Glide editor design coming soon! And it should have a mode like this. It will look a little better than this :smiley:

11 Likes

The glide team deserves a vacation!!

1 Like

David, how soon is soon?

FYI: I made a separate topic