Notification (email) when forms submitted

How to make script “Send Email” button on your sheet sample??
is it automatically send from every consumer do sign up, buy, etc???

is this still available

Email notifications were shut down a long time ago.

2 Likes

oh would love it to come back
:pleading_face: :pray:

1 Like

Hi, what about sending regular emails for actions. I want to send an email after “submit” is selected, but the emails don’t go through. What am I missing?

Didn’t you say that you had the wrong recipient address?

Is a requirement having to use things like a zap from Zapier? I thought it would work without any other integrations. If my terminology is not correct, sorry, but learning.

If I recall, you have a private pro app, so you should be able to use the Send Email action. I’ve never used it myself, so I would assume that it should work. I would just make sure that you haven’t exceeded any monthly limits. For something to try, submit your form, but instead of an on submit action, view the details for that new row and add a button with the send email action. This would be a good way to isolate is there is an issue with the send email option, or with using it on a form submit. Also, does your recipient email come from a computed column, or is it written to a basic column when the form is submitted?

Overall, no, you should not need to integrate something like Zapier in this case.

1 Like

Thanks for following up. No limits passed. I created email columns for submittal and receipt of emails. I’m still not receiving any test emails. I have one test email sending to itself (nothing)

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 5.34.27 PM
Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 5.34.35 PM
What are my eyes missing?

1 Like

Does it work if you remove the row owner?

Are all fields on there not empty?

My two cents is probably your lookup doesn’t return an email fast enough, and the email action fired before that happens.

1 Like

I did not try…lol…I was testing, because Glide recommended that it was suggested to make any PIF a row owner. Let me try…

Just did 2 test emails from my Mail Provider (Apple Mail) to GMAIL, both emails used with my apps work. I still did not receive any emails after giving the execution to do so.

So this is probably the case.

Please use this concept instead.

2 Likes

In my case, it opens my windows 10 mail handler and then I had to manually click send.
Is that same case as you?
Also how do you set to gmail?
Thanks

I saw in my pro plan that email sent is 0 / 0
It means that it is not available for this plan? anyway to “boost” the plan to have this feature?

I’m going to remove all mandatory items, then test. Thanks

I would refer back to the Glide plan page for details.

It’s only available for Private Pro plans.

1 Like

Yay! I don’t know what happened, but I sent a test email from a button today, and I received it. I had to double check to see if there was a Zap, but NAW, it was all GLIDE! :heart_eyes: This issue for me is solved.

1 Like