No past events

I am looking for a way to automatically not see events anymore that are in the past. So band is on tour and sees only the information of today and in the future. If a formula is the way to go, what would that formula look like?
(Sorry to post this in feature request category, but i don’t see a category for general requests?)

1 Like

How about this?

Have a new column like
={“Date (Modified)”;ArrayFormula(if(A2:A<NOW(),"",A2:A))}

where Column A is the Actual date/time. This will make the prior dates to be blank and won’t appear in the Glide view.

Use this new column to map to the “When” setting of the Calendar view.

6 Likes

Thanks, I’m going to try!

1 Like

We will have a filter for that soon :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks @Mark then I wait for that! :wink:

Shipped!

4 Likes

Great! Thanks so much!

Cool. Have been missing the functionality. Thx

But not yet in production, right?

It is in production, but it will only show up for date/time columns.

1 Like

Well done. It fixed another problem I had with my app (too many calender events.) Thanks!

I have a column called When with dates. In calendar view it’s clear Glide recognizes it like this by showing a calendar, but ‘is after’ doesn’t show up. Any idea what I do wrong?

@Mark Tried a new app and now it works . But … now glide interprets date the american way, where 12/09 is 12 sept here, Glide thinks it’s 9 dec. Any idea why that is and where I can change it?

Really hope glide will make it possible to use our own date format. I do have troubles concatenating date and time. Worked earlier on

I didn’t have a problem either

It is a bug. Google sheets shows 12-06-2019 as june 12 but in glide it shows up as december 6. Google shows 13-06-2019 as june 13 and in glide is shows up as june 13

Please use the date format we recommend. Date handling formatting is a very complex issue, but Glide will support it all eventually. Sorry for the difficulties.

Just curious if there would be any advantage to writing to the sheet in ISO format. At least it’s a consistent international standard, still recognizable by google, and easy to work with when comparing dates as strings. Users can still use TEXT(value, “MM/DD/YYYY”) or TEXT(value, “DD/MM/YYYY”) to visualize the date however they want. I don’t have any experience working with different regional settings, so I could be mistaken, but I thought maybe this would help to simplify things.

It’s fine for now using that, but it’s strange as a user that yesterday our european way worked and after filtering not.

1 Like