I spent – let’s say – a little too much time yesterday trying to do this:
First, User Input
User creates a new record. In that record they define a number of hours. The form also stores the special value of current time.
Finally, Do Something With That Record
In addition to data stored in the record, I need access to 2 important pieces of data to send to Zapier or Save in Google Sheets:
- Computed columns: (For example: End Time = Start Time + Hours)
- Details Page Deep Link: (Of the Record that I Just Created)
We want to send text notifications to users at the end time with a deep link to the details page.
Below are a few feature requests that somewhat overlap but are the result of different ways of trying to accomplish the use case I outlined above.
- Make the Deep Link of the Record Just Created Available in Actions
- Allow User to Go to View Details Page of Form Item Upon Submission
- After a Form is Submitted, Make ‘This Row’ the Record that was Just Created
- During a Form Submission Allow User to Save Computed Values of the Record Being Created
If I am missing something or you have a suggestion on how to accomplish what I outlined above, let me know!