NEW? Bar charts in Pages

7 Likes

Yes, this is new. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Good find thanks

Playing now

It works nicely…X-axis labels aren’t coming through though.

3 Likes

yeah, and the chart title disappears if you put it inside a container with a dark background.

But, I like it. I started building out some quickcharts for a Pages project today, and about halfway through it occurred to me that I should give these native charts a try - so I did. Pretty decent for a first release :+1:

3 Likes

On the left chart, that navigation to the “next” page is super cool, isn’t it?

3 Likes

Hi, in your screen grab your two charts are alongside each other. I’m looking to do this for up to 5 charts across the width of the page. I can only drop components “down” a form container. Am I missing something obvious?

If you have them inside a container, you can have up to 4 charts side by side.

2 Likes

Thanks Darren. I’ll look again and see how I’ve got it configured. I’ll screenshot when I nail it!

An alternative could be to use a single chart in a full size container, and then use a series of choice components to apply filtering and switch data sources. Here’s an example of how that can look:

8 Likes

that’s a great option. I’ll look at a few configurations. Thanks :+1:

Darren, got there just now. I was trying to use form containers!!! doh!

Well on the way to what I need to get now.

Thanks again. Mitch!

1 Like

That’s nice Darren! Do you know if there’s any tutorial available about how to apply filters to a chart?

Thanks

That looks superb!

1 Like

In that example, the filters are just being applied to the underlying data. So you can use whatever method you’d usually use. In my case, I’m just using a combination of User Specific Columns → Single Values → If-then-else. There isn’t actually any filter conditions on the chart, it’s all driven by the underlying table logic.

3 Likes

Hi, under the “options” on a chart, there is a “show filter”. For example, if you have a column set up with different categories per item, Glide will put each of those categories in a dropdown attached to the chart, allowing the user to select.

2 Likes

This is super neat. Great enhancements for Pages.

1 Like

Hello, it’s great but why can’t we use the charts like for mobile applications?

Let me explain, in my “Contracts” column I have types of contracts for example “Car Insurance”.

In the mobile app my graph shows the number of contracts I have by type of contract Like if I have 3 “Car insurance” The bars shows me 3.

On Pages the graph displays all the contracts by type individually but I would like it to be grouped like in the mobile app.

Do you know if it that possible ? Thanks !

@Robert_Petitto is that still the case (X-axis labels not coming through?) ? So something wrong with Glide? During the past few days I’ve been trying everything, assuming it must be my fault :wink:

Yes, X-Axis labels on Bar Charts still don’t work.