I’m trying to make a multi-user calculator app, and have built vlookup() functions into the G-Sheet to check an item’s price in a separate sheet; ultimately so
(1) the user can select some items and their relevant quantities
(2) the G-Sheet searches for the item(s) price(s) (prices stored in a separate sheet tab)
(3) the G-Sheet calculates total cost and reports it in the app
I want every user to have their own unique instance of the app, so they login and the items they previously selected are retained, and did this by setting the app public with email.
I setup all the formulas and copied them 150 rows down (so calculations work for the first 150 users), but whenever a user signs up to the app it creates a new entry at row151 - screenshot below for ref
- Is it not possible to preload formulas into rows that Glide will use for users?
- I’ve seen some apps build formulas into the columns directly in Glide, selecting “Math” in the column type for eg, must I do this to ensure the formulas are applied to every entry in that column? Is there a work-around? How do you build complex functions into Glide like vlookup() functions?
I’ve seen many discussion threads of multi user and calc apps (link below for eg), and have the app working where all users see the same entries at the same time, but I can’t seem to find concrete steps on putting together a multi user glide app
Thanks in advance for any tips
Eg thread: Multi User Calculator - #12 by Koenner