Multi select for form

Hi there - I would love a way for users to ‘multi select’ multiple options on a form. And then save that input as an array in my sheet. Like apple, banana, pear.

If that’s possible let me know. Right know it doesn’t look like it. It looks like i’ll have to do it 1 by 1 with check boxes.

3 Likes

If you know how many items you would have, you could create a column for each item and use a checkbox component for each item in the app. Then you could use a formula to join all of the columns into one comma delimited list in a new column. If you require a dynamic list of items, then I don’t have a good solution for you. I hope Glide comes out with some sort of checkbox list or a multi-select choice component someday that would work how you describe.

5 Likes

Got it thanks Jeff! That might be a good fix for now.

Dave

Just seeing this post. This would be awesome. Multi select choice component that would save the items as an array in a single cell (like a relation:multiple). Would be a game changer for an admin assigning bulk values to users via multi selected email addresses.

2 Likes

Since this post, they have released the checklist layout. This might work for some situations.

But doesn’t checklist just change the value of a boolean?

@Robert_Petitto Yeah pretty much, but if you wanted to get creative with relations it might have potential, much like your affordability issue. Only downside is having to create a bunch of extra records. I could definitely see some sort of use with a multi-select choice components and a concatenated list in a cell (preferably with a pipe delimiter or some other delimiter). Seeing the new filter has multi-select, it’s definitely in the realm of possibility.

1 Like

Correct. It doesn’t result in an array. Which is what would be needed.

Any idea if this has been made available yet? I.e. an array?

No not yet, but we are expecting some big things either later this month or early January. Damn this post is over a year old. I would of imagined we would of solved these kinds of issues with something cleaner by now. We do have compound actions you can build one action out to do this now and duplicate the action by duplicating the function its attached to, still not ideal or exactly what your asking for.

Hi Any news for multiple select for form please? thanks

1 Like

Hi can you give an exemple please?
thanks

That was a year and a half ago. A lot has changed with glide since then, so I would do it different now. Now I would use the method below to build a joined list, and save that joined list value in a separate column. The bottom of the post contains a solution by @Roldy to save and recall those multi selections.

1 Like

Hi, what @Jeff_Hager describes has been illustrated in a video yesterday by @ Robert, with focus on Forms

2 Likes