Multi Column Relations Question

It’s me again asking most likely a very simple question.

How do I combine two columns that pull information from two separate forms and consolidate them into another different form. Let me explain better. I building a restaurant and beer tracking app. Right now when a user creates a form in the restaurant tab they can select tags. Upon submitting the form that restaurant information will save in another tab called “tags”. Now with the help from ya’ll last night I was able to get that to work last night. This evening I decided to add beer tracking in a new separate form. Upon submitting the form it automatically adds the tag I want for it, but it will not populate in the tags tab underneath the appropriate tag. I created a new column and made it a relation and it populates properly in the column, but will not go into the tab itself. Im not sure what I am missing.

mmm, beer :beer:

Could you add a couple of screen shots of the tables involved, so that it’s a little easier to visualise?

Hi Darren,

Sorry for the late reply.

Here are my existing tabs

Here is my table with the relation that links “tags” to a row when created in the Beer tab

Here is my table of my tags and relations created. I need to create a new column in order for it to actually show up.

But it does not actually appear when navigated to the Tags tab and Brewery is selected.

You are displaying only the Restaurant Tags relation with your inline list. The relation is empty in that column on the Brewery row.

I tried added another inline list, but I’m unable to get it to point at the correct portion of the table

I’m not sure I understand what you mean by this. You are viewing the details screen of the Brewery row in the Tags table, correct? You have your relation column labeled ‘New Column’ which appears to be populated with a related row from the Beer table. Can’t you add a second inline list that is sourced from the ‘New Column’ relation?

When I press the plus sign on the left and select inline row and select the drop down menus it only shows me the restaurant relation and not the new column from my table

EDIT: ok I did get the inline list working after deleting the column completely and recreating it. I notice that sometimes new column creation is a bit slow or wonky to respond. Is that normal?

Is New Column a single or multiple relation? Inline Lists only work with Multiple Relations or entire tables.

Multi.

I did get the inline list working after deleting the column completely and recreating it. I notice that sometimes new column creation is a bit slow or wonky to respond. Is that normal?

I’m wondering if you maybe had it as a single relation before you recreated it, or it started out as a single relation then got changed to a multiple and maybe didn’t fully convert.

It’s been awhile since I’ve been in the builder, but I usually haven’t had any problems creating new columns. What part of the creation is slow? What kinds of wonky things are you seeing? Can you create a Loom video showing what’s happening?

I intermittently experienced issues when experimenting with new rows and columns then immediately entering the UI editor. Mind you this could absolutely be user error like you mentioned above, but next time I notice anything out of the ordinary I will create a loom video for you.

1 Like