šŸ—“ Month, Day, and Year Math Functions

Hi @Mark

Could you please take a look at this?

It seems date formulas are not working for meā€¦ I have tried in different sheets with the same resultsā€¦ nothing.

A bug or am I missing somethingā€¦?

Thanks

Does the capital M at the start make any difference?

What do you have for a value in your Date column?

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 8.18.04 AM

It shouldnā€™t matter. I think itā€™s the math column bug and needs a refresh. Even when I just made this column right now, One of my other columns (a link column even?!) became visibly empty.

1 Like

Same here, I still experienced this today.

:disappointed_relieved:

@darder Could you share your app and tell me where youā€™re adding that column?

Thanks @Mark sending you a PMā€¦

This will be fixed on Thursday.

3 Likes

Is there a way to get the number of the day of the year?

For instance today would be 31+24=55

the day(d) just returns a 24 for the day of the month.

@spencersRus

5 Likes

Itā€™s the gift that just keeps on giving :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I think itā€™s time to start organizing all of these formulas into an app. The list is growing!

6 Likes

Is there a function to get the name of the month from a date? I can do it in google sheets but would be cleaner if I could add a column in glide data.

1 Like

cccc gives me weekday. whats the format for month name. is there a list somewhere of all available formats. thanks much!

Oh oops! luxon - Immutable date wrapper

2 Likes

yay! thankyou!

Slightly more verbose, but here is how I do it:

• I have a table that lists the month names in a single column
  • I use a math column to determine the month number from the date Month(date)-1
  • I then use a single value column to ā€œfetchā€ the correct month name, using the ā€œfrom startā€ option, and feeding that the output of the math column

The only reason I offer this option is because Iā€™m aware that the Date Format plugin has been known to fail with some combinations of user locale and/or date format.

4 Likes

thankyou!