MKE Strong - Hyper local aggregator for the restaurant, bar, brewery, retailer and artist community

I just released this glideapp yesterday and it’s getting a solid amount of traction already.

The problem I’m looking to solve is that all of the open restaurant, bars and retailer information is fragmented across dozens of local websites and facebook groups. Plus Google My Business listings and websites aren’t being updated fast enough for consumers to tell whether a business is open.

This app provides map based listings and links to support funds for the hospitality and retail community here in Milwaukee.

Would love some feedback and ideas to make it more valuable!

4 Likes

Sweet home, Chicago! You have my vote!

1 Like

Easy to duplicate if Chicago needs something like this!

Nicely done. I’d add a tab to the app (hamburger) menu, with a link to “Buy me Coffee”. You may end up covering your expenses.

1 Like

Great thought! Gotta figure out the hamburger menu option. Gotta be a tutorial video for that right?

In the builder, go to Tabs. Add a tab, and drag it to the Menu section on the right. Tadaaa!

1 Like

Wow. This platform is so awesome. Thanks Tim. If you have other thoughts, feel free to hit me up via email: paul@lemleymedia.com

Did you input all the restaurants yourself or did you do some scrapping? Seems to be put in quite a bit of info.

And good job by the way

1 Like

Looks good.
One suggestion would be to pimp up your markdown on the Guide page. Reading it in one monolithic paragraph is a little hard and overwhelming. Do some line breaks at the very least by adding an empty line of two spaces then your Ctrl-Enter when you are editing the text in Google sheets.

1 Like

Thank you Krivo. I sourced quite a few articles, Facebook Groups that have popped up and Instagram accounts in my area but used the help of a getmagic.com virtual assistant to do 80% of the manual input. Not cheap but it got me to launch in only a few hours.

Definitely on my list for this week. The homepage was my priority yesterday, in tandem with keeping the listings updated as more user generated submissions came in.

@George_B - do you have any examples I can take inspiration from? I’ve been searching through all the templates and some of the apps listed in the forum but always nice to get recommendations too.

Just go to Dillinger There is a lot of sample markdown there and you can edit them with your text and see the results instantly. Note that Glides markdown engine is not the same so some things won’t look the same.

For instance tables will work in Glide but you will not have the lines that boarder the table. If you try a table you will see what I mean.

Col1 Col2
row1 row1
row2 with more text row2 with some more

So the above was accomplished with the markdown below

Just go to [Dillinger](dillinger.io)  *There* is a lot of sample markdown there and you can edit them with your text and see the results **instantly**. Note that Glides markdown engine is not the same so some things won't look the same.  
### For instance tables will work in Glide but you will not have the lines that boarder the table.  If you try a table you will see what I mean.

|Col1|Col2|
|---|---|
|row1|row1|
|row2 with more text|row2 with some more

1 Like

Fantastic, please add it here: covid-apps.glideapp.io

1 Like

Done! Thank you @david.