Meet the new Glide Apps šŸŒŸ

You can create a CSS countdown, but only in Appsā€¦ in Pages, the only thing that I can suggest is a GIF countdown, but you will have to make separate GIFs for each time period.

1 Like

Thatā€™s exactly the sort of context I was hoping for. Thanks @Xavier_Delplanque. :+1:

Iā€™m looking forward to this.

This is something I could use for my new build. The stopwatch feature would be useful for production management use cases that need to keep track of time being spent on each phase of production. Such as for cooking, stakeholders would find it useful to have a stopwatch.

1 Like

Thanks Andy.
As you asked, I opened a new feature request here :

1 Like

Seems like great progress generally and itā€™s so good to see you guys constantly develop this. As someone with a ā€œClassicā€ app that Iā€™m continuously working on, Iā€™d just like to add support for the conversion tool as soon as possible. Clearly if itā€™s going to take a long time to have the ability to convert, then I would contemplate rebuilding from scratch, but would much rather avoid thatā€¦

Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

1 Like

@c7y - Weā€™ll soft launch the conversion tool this spring. Thereā€™ll be caveats at first, but those will get smoothed out. Weā€™re working to make it a seamless transition by the end of the year.

Classic Apps will remain available for their existing users. :+1:

4 Likes

Hi @Robert_Petitto
thanks for responding, do you know when this feature will be available?
as long as this feature is not available my application work is stopped.

Not sure. I imagine very soon. Maybe by the end of the month or beginning of April hopefully. I know Glide is actively working on it.

3 Likes

Hello,

Looking for guidance on sharing a link that opens to the Mobile Preview with the QR code. The draft app that I created brought users directly to this view. When sharing the link for the actual app the link only brings users to the page.
Any guidance is very appreciated!

will we be able to turn off the group limits on the screen (Show More Groups) (Show Previous Groups)
its not very user friendly for users to keep clicking on this to browse hundreds of rows that are grouped

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing. I donā€™t think so, but Itā€™d be nice if we could.

Great job. Im sure this strategy has been a long tim in the making. Im looking forward to digging in again.

3 Likes

Would love to welcome you back, Jim!

2 Likes

I had a classic app that I created (Conference Program App), and my colleague and I have just re-created it in the new version since we didnā€™t have time to wait for the migrator.

However, we cannot find the Favorites function anywhere. Does this exist in the new version? If so, can you tell me where?

And if not, where is the user data stored so that we can make up our own filter for the user to find their favorite workshops to attend from the list?

(Conference is next week- weā€™re desparate.) Thanks!!

1 Like

A user specific boolean column and a switch component works pretty much so the exact same thing that the favorites component did.

2 Likes

Here is how I solved for Favorites in New Apps (prev. Pages)
CleanShot 2023-03-24 at 11.28.17

8 Likes

Can I ask why you are not planning to include the link relation in the new App format? I use this quite a lot (see screenshot). Maybe I am misunderstanding what you mean by the link relation. I hope so.

Thanks

Paul Winterbottom

I hope this feature will be available in one to two days, hopefully