Lookups from multiple realations

@gvalero like @ThinhDinh mentioned in your other thread, there are probably several ways to approach that as far as how it should be treated. Do you save it as a comma delimited list (or some other type of delimiter)? Do you save it in an array of columns? Do you save it as a value per row? I have my own uses for what you are asking for as well, but at the same time as a programmer myself, I know that arrays are a completely different monster compared to single strings. I would hope that Glide is at least considering different options, but which one is the right one? It might appear simple because on the screen it looks like several values concatenated together, but in reality an array is like a mini spreadsheet table with rows and columns. Think of a relation as a 2 dimensional array with multiple rows and columns whereas a lookup is a 1 dimensional array with a single column, but multiple rows. To me it’s totally understandable why you can’t write a multiple value array to a single value component or column. I’m not saying it can’t be done, but essentially programming would have to be done to loop through each array item and concatenate it’s value to a single value string. The problem is there are literally millions of ways to concatenate the values together. Do you want any delimiters at all? Do you want a comma (,)? Do you want a pipe (|)? Could the delimiter chosen conflict with values already in the strings, like existing commas or pipes? Instead of a delimiter, do you want a space? No space? Or back to the other ideas, should they be saved in separate columns? Separate rows? It would be awesome, but personally, I don’t think it’s as cut and dried as it seems.

1 Like