Lookup fields not showing up for use in If-Then-Else

Hey folks,

I’m trying to create an If>Then>Else field for use as part of an RSVP function.

• I have an ‘Events’ table
  • I have a ‘Sessions’ table (basically a ‘log’)
  • When someone clicks the RSVP button on the event detail screen, a row is added to the Sessions table, and automatically creates a relation with that event. So far, so good.

However, I’d like now to have the RSVP button disappear for that user, and am having difficulty. Here’s where I’m at:

• I have a lookup field in the Sessions table which brings up the row ID for the linked event.
  • I’m trying to set up an If>Then>Else field in my Sessions table so the linked event’s row ID only appears when the email address for that session = current user. However, when I try to set up the If>Then>Else field, this lookup field with the row ID does not appear as an option. Not sure why!

I’m not sure if this is a bug, or if it’s something in the organisation of our sheets that’s mucking things up. Any assistance much appreciated!

Most likely you are using a multiple relation instead of a single relation. This turns the Lookup column into an array instead of a single value. Arrays can contain multiple values, so for that reason, you can’t use them in places that only work with single values.

I recommend just checking if the relation is empty or not. Then you won’t need the lookup column.

3 Likes

Ahh you have cracked it! Thanks so much Jeff; I jumped back into the back end and switched it to a single relation. Problem solved! :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.