Looks glide is boring nowadays

No new components and it’s not able to on par with glideapps previous version.

I don’t like to even login for a month or two.why?

There were many major releases in March.

• New integrations/actions: Push Notifications, Open AI, device info, Pexels, Azure, Discord, Google Cloud, Google Maps, Radar, Yelp, Asana, DocsAutomator, Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Tag Manager, Slack, Clearbit, Docusign, HubSpot, Intercom, Microsoft Outlook & Teams, Mixpanel, Short dot io, Stripe, Twilio, ZenDesk. And I skipped a few.

• New components: horizontal card/grid collections, checklist collection, location, link, action row, contact, signature, checkbox, rating, progress bar, audio.

And in the past 2 weeks: Query computed column

More is surely on the way. It’s always fun to have these shiny new features to play with. I must say that a lot was released in the past 8 weeks and I’m personally just trying to keep up.

5 Likes

Ofcourse these are ok but I’m not dependent on these.but there is nothing on the design side.A look n feel thing is missing.

I’m convinced myself to wait for upto June to tune something on the design side,that will make people to have fun on the design side too.

But thanks bro I didn’t know glide posted these many features other that some 3rd party integration things.

Thanks for updating…

On the design side?! Don’t hold your breath.

2 Likes

I’m not asking for more than this.just a basic design look n feel.

This is posted someway back,I’m expecting these changes enough to see glide in a better design feel.

But they are already in production?

Horizontal collections, new style titles, and slide-in screens (on mobile)?

3 Likes

Personally I think the design is 10x better these days - mainly due to containers and image handling.

My client was super impressed with their recent Sports App refresh, which I delivered free of charge.

9 Likes

This looks amazing Simon!

How did you add the background to the buttons (the ones that say Stats Export Tables)

Image container

5 Likes

Only missing card overlays :wink:

1 Like

Hi

Great to know that it’s coming.

Why there isn’t any tab to tell glide users to know upcoming things…?

1 Like

There is one.

2 Likes

There is no bad design but only bad designer. It’s all about skill, choices, and the artistic vision that shapes the outcome.
I enjoy working with constraints which allows me to work my creativity.
Here’s some design made possible with Glide!

“Out of the depths of boredom, creativity emerges as a captivating companion, transforming the mundane into the extraordinary, and breathing life into the canvas of our imagination.”

If you every need help my inbox are open.

7 Likes

What design options are you missing from Classic?

I didn’t arrive using the old glide, but I found out about the customization of the login screen. sendk possible to put background image. this would be something that should already be difficult to apply to the new Glide.

Haha…you can’t be serious

I am having a hard time keeping up with the amount of features being released these days…
I have not even gotten to play around with the query column yet but I will definitely make some time for that…

Great job to the hard working team at Glide…

6 Likes

I saw you typing away on this for a while. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the detailed response!

3 Likes

Yep… That is annoying in pages… I have to do all my images using HTML