Logo image in the Nav-bar

Hi,
Can anyone help me with pages CSS to put an image in the top bar?

2 Likes

not working

You can include a logo in the top nav bar without CSS.

Go to Settings->Name & Icon, add a logo and choose “Show Logo and Title”

1 Like

its really small can hardly see it

You might be able to adjust that with CSS, but it’s not something I’d want to mess around with.

I’d try experimenting with different image sizes and width/height ratio.

@Lin_Altshuler - I checked a couple of mine, and it looks like the rendered aspect ratio is 7:3. So if you prepare an image that matches that then that’s probably the best you’ll get without messing with CSS.

Screen Shot 2023-01-28 at 8.34.13 PM

3 Likes

I was also able to fix using this
.gqqeok {
max-height: 55px;
max-width: 340px;
}

** The class name is not stable

That class might change on different devices, in addition to the problem that Glide can change it anytime, so please don’t use it.

In addition to what Darren said, I found the underlying transformation that Glide uses (with Cloudinary) for the logo to be: h_75, c_limit.

“h_75” stands for “height 75”, which sets the height of the image to 75 pixels.

“c_limit” scales your image down if the original asset is larger than the specified limit (in this case height = 75). The asset is scaled down so that it takes up as much space as possible within a bounding box defined by the specified width and height parameters. The original aspect ratio is retained (by default) and all of the original asset is visible. This mode doesn’t scale up the asset if your requested dimensions are larger than the original image size.

Hence, it seems like the best size is 175 x 75 px.

5 Likes

Does anyone know why the logo shows up only in the Glide pages up, but not the glide mobile app?

This was working previously but now it’s missing…

Where did you see the behaviour of logos showing in the Glide “mobile app”? Is it the app version of Glide Pages, or Glide Apps?

it was the app version of glide pages

Can you add some screenshots of the difference between what you saw before and now? I would be able to get the team to look at it with your screenshots. Thank you!

Yo uso este codigo para colocar el logo arriba en la barra:

#app-root div[opacity='1'] { color: transparent; } .nav-bar-root { content: ""; display: block; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b6/75/78/b67578896d5cef5764cb110631ca8858.gif ); background-size: 100% 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: center, center; ;}

That will be deprecated with the transition from Apps to Pages, so I wouldn’t recommend using CSS going forward.

1 Like

Can you please explain?
Anything mew on this subject?
I have a huge app hat I want to rewrite in pages and it will take me forever.
Anything automated planned?

Here’s the latest update:

It includes “better default generated page from existing data”, so I know they’re working on that transition. Of course we don’t have an ETA on when it would be close to perfect on a converter between Apps and Pages, but there’s progress.

1 Like

Have you seen the below?
You should watch.

1 Like

I am not sure if I should wait or start rebuilding the app in pages.
Do you think Glide will ever convert an app to a page at least partially?
I took me more than a year to build the app…

Yes, for sure. And they have said that they will provide better migration tools once the time comes.
I wouldn’t be too concerned, there is no rush. Apps will be around (and will be supported) for a while yet. At least another year.

3 Likes