🧭 Location Component

@Jeff_Hager Jeff, sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Ok, so something like the IPSTACK API for example, you just plugin the api to your google sheets and it references your site. So for example I plug this into my google sheets and it references rupturebrain.com. That gives me all the ip addresses of everyone that is accessing my site (which in this scenario would be the site I am hosting my Glide App from). That api has commands that we all know just pulls into sheets. As soon as someone logs into my site/glide app it pulls the ip, at the same time when someone logs into the glide app I run a simple script that ties the 2 together. Last instance of each are now one. I now know who is where :slight_smile:

2 Likes

But, because this may be too hard for people to do themselves I am building a way to do this directly in Glide using webview. Now at the same token some website hosting companies will provide you with those ip addresses directly in real time and you just need to tie that together. Google Analytics does not do this and they provide you with a User_ID, it can be done in the same manner with the user id it is just a little harder.

2 Likes

Is there a way to have background location tracking (all this with the user’s permission, similar to life360)?

Is there a way to sort your locations with near by locations?

If I understand it right Glide always have user’s location if they enable the location tracking, that’s the way they calculate the distance column.

However if devs want to use that location in a map, for example showing current location of multiple users, then the users have to write that to the Sheet using a location component.

You can use a distance column and sort by distance from lowest to highest.

did you know how to setup this api to glide ?

Thank you that did it, :slight_smile:

Question is there anyway to write that Component thing within the Map?

Like when you click on this? image Maybe a custom pop up? Do you want to update your location for everyone?

We don’t have an action for that yet.

Is there a way to make this location component required? It’s for an errand booking app I am creating and without the coordinates, a rider won’t find his customer

Can you elaborate on this? How do I take the values from the distance column and sort them? I want to set up my maps to only show the three nearest locations and am not able to figure out how I can create a sort column inside the glide table.

If you have the distance column set up already, you can just sort the inline list component ascendingly by that distance value, and limit the number of items to 3.

1 Like

Works perfectly. Thankyou!

1 Like

Hi, can you please elaborate or share your script to force the toggle button of the location component to always be ON ? Thanks

I’m sorry. I no longer use Glide’s platform. I actually built my own platform that does the things that Glide does not.

Which one nullkode.io?whether it is working?

nullkode.in

the .io was a landing page i never updated

There is going to be a huge update soon. Once I roll it out you will be editing each page individually, right now with all the pages viewable at once it can get a little laggy.

Hi

Create a free plan in your nocode. without using what you are created,asking us to and use is not a good thing to start with.

Allow people to create and they decide whether it is ok to go or not.