Location Component

If I remember correctly, previously the location component made it possible to fill in our own string words. Why now can only use the default sentence: “use my current location” ?
Or did I remember wrong?

I’m not sure if it’s ever been possible to change the text. I know glide recently added the option to make it a required field, but that’s the only thing I can think of that’s changed with that component recently.

I think glide has been very protective about the location component. They don’t want to make it easy for someone to build an app that doesn’t obtain the user’s location without their knowledge. If they allowed us to change the text, then it might be too easy to trick an end user into sharing their current location without their knowledge, because we could make the location switch appear like a normal switch and the user might think it’s for something else. Because of that, I have doubts that we’ve ever been able to change the text.

4 Likes

Thanks Jeff.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.