Well, in my country, businesses have to close except pharmacies, doctors & banks (on appointment only), post or grocery shops. Restaurants can do delivery but without a big culture and key players like uber eats, deliveroo & co, most of the restaurants just closed because they don’t have the staff to do the delivery or enough orders.
I made an app that
- lists all the open to the public places, with information about the restriction that may apply
- list all the restaurants or venues (coffee, smaller groceries shops) which are working on delivery only
- display basic information about what the city also provide in those times
It features a few collaborative options:
- You can add a shop. It’s not displayed right away because I have a script running periodically on the sheet to get the GPS coordinates from Google Maps API (since the geocoder is a bit lazy sometimes and return a lot of erroneous positions)
- A “report error” button, triggering a zapier integration which notifies me and flags the shop as erroneous. It will display info on the shop detail page also, saying the data may not be accurate and under review.
- Streamline the GPS coordinate query from Google Maps API with zapier
- DONE Thanks contributors with an email when their contribution is online
- Add PDF file for delivery menu/leaflet
I get contribution from other cities in my country. That’s nice, especially if it’s delivery/shipping but I’m not sure how to scale the thing to the entire country. Even if Luxembourg is a small country, information are interesting in a very limited radius of localisation. I don’t want to drive to another city to do my shopping. I need and want to do it locally. So I’m wondering: city filter OR different apps?
(well I’m a new user I can’t)
It’s in french because it’s the most understandable language in my country (which have 3 official languages). Don’t know how I could internationalist this except with multiple apps.