Link a user to several tables

Hi everyone,
My app allows users to post a review.
I have a sheet for users with 4 columns.
Capture d’écran 2021-02-12 à 10.38.00

an other sheet reviews which includes the columns that users fill in

at first I created a relation between its 2 sheets the problem is that when I post a glide review I save the post in duplicate
so I delete the relationship and start again from 0

I would like users to be able to see all the reviews and be able to issue multiple reviews and modify their own.

Could you help me solve this problem please ?

So you’re adding 2 rows from a review form, is that correct?

Hey ! Thanks for sharing your issue with the community. In order to help you get the most suitable information based on your problem, I’d recommend you to move your topic to #help-how-to category. You may use this category to ask general questions or get help with something from the community. This will help us to keep the topics organised :slight_smile:

ok thanks

Hi, right, that’s what’s going on.

Are you using an add row action on submit?

1 Like

@lepetitRider There are several ways to make this happen? Are you adding two rows per review intentionally?

How I would do this would be to create a relations for something unique (usually users email) between the two sheets. However, you may not have to do this if your reviews are only being displayed on one TAB in the APP. If that is the case, the users email associated with the review would be the “Edit” functions screen. Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 4.09.12 PM
Set your own Condition for allowing to edit with Something like:
Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 4.10.36 PM

If you are linking a TAB that points to one sheets and bring in data from another sheet, you will certainly need a relation to make that happen.

I would be happy to help you with that part as well. We would definitely need some more information regarding what you are trying to do though.

That’s what I did at first.
I mean I have created a relation in my review table by putting the name and the email and this condition
Capture d’écran 2021-02-13 à 16.21.41

But what happens is that when I fill in the fields of the form to post the review, it gets saved twice.

Are you using a form to submit entries? If so, do not also use the add new row action. The form is already submitting to the sheet and creating a row.

Oh ok this must be it tanks I’m going to test

I have to put “done” instead of “add” row then ?

In my app, I use some other actions and then a notification to the user. Let me know if that works for you.

A form already performs it’s own Add Row action as that’s the whole purpose of a form. Adding an Add Row action on submit is just repetitive. Actions on submit were added as a way for users to add additional actions, such as adding rows to a second or third sheet, setting a column value in the form’s parent sheet or any other sheet, showing notifications, or navigating to a completely different part of the app. The action of adding a row is already built into the form itself. You are not required to add any additional actions on submit unless you want to. The default is usually just a notification saying the form was Sent (Row Added).

2 Likes