Keep track of delivered items

Hello, I want to keep track of all of the items that I regularly ship in various locations in Europe.
I send these boxes daily and at the end of the day, I want to see a list with all of the locations I have sent my items and how many items per country.
Here you have a screenshot of my excel file.
Thank you in advance

Hi @Alessandro_P , it seems it’s your first time posting in the forum, so first and foremost welcome to the community forum :slight_smile:

A few ideas that might help:

• Unless you regularly work in the Google spreadsheet, I would store the data of your app in a Glide Table (you could create your app from a Google Sheet just in case).
  • Possible layout for your app: one tab for your list of items grouped per day, possibly a second tab with a chart+table of number of items sent per country (it’s unclear to me in your description if you would need this rollup per day or otherwise).
  • What is to happen when you change weeks? Do you empty your chart or do you need to keep a record?
  • Ask yourself if you will be adding items (boxes sent) directly in the table or through your app.
  • Possible structure of your “Boxes” table (whether in Google Sheets or Glide Data Editor): box_name (text column), box_description (optional, text column), box_ID (optional but might be useful to uniquely identify your boxes), box_shipping_country (text column), box_shipping_city (text column), box_shipping_date (date/time column)
  • Possible structure of your “Choices” table if you decide to add items through your app: locations (text column) with a list of location
  • To extract the number of boxes, you will need to become familiar with relations and rollups.

I think that should get your started. Make sure you structure your tables well (whether in Google Sheets or Glide).

3 Likes

Hi Nathan, thank you for your time. As you understood, it is my first time in the forum and one of the first times using glide.

I will explain the situation a little better:

I have to deliver boxes every day in differnt countries in Europe. As you can see in the excel screenshot, I have a section for each day. For each day, I need to know how many boxes I have delivered in that country divided by city, so it would be something like:
ITALY:

• Rome: 2 boxes
  • Milan: 5 boxes

TOTAL BOXES DELIVERED TODAY IN ITALY: 7

If on the same day I deliver in France, I need the same information as the ones for Italian deliveries and then, another column which tells me the overall deliveries in a day, so Italy + France + other countries.

This has to happen everyday and when the following weeks starts, I need a blank sheet to write on, in order to have the prevoius deliveries stored and divided from the next ones

Monday+Milan → 2

Do you plan

1. to write “2” in your table?
  2. or do you plan to submit 2 records of shipment (destination_city, destination_country, date, box_unique_name) and then your table calculates that there were 2 shipments to Milan on Monday?