Join the Glide team for some live coding!

sorry if my suggests are not valid to the case:

• is it possible to add a padding to the right after the last column of the data editor. Its so annoying with the data hitting the screen edge.
  • when a column in the data editor is highlighted. is it possible to keep the highlight on when we click on the bottom scroll bar. It makes organizing the columns way easier when we create a new column and drag it all the way left.
2 Likes

What’s the use case for this?

I don’t quite follow. What’s the problem you have?

Example for Text components (but this works also for inline lists…):
If we have a foreword in a screen, instructions etc, today we need to create a double button > increment > clear value.
If on text components* we had the ‘show-hide’ feature, we would not need these additional components + columns.

Looking forward to seeing how the sausage is made!

I can add a hint to a Form:

When filtering an inline list, can you add a different symbol besides an “X”?

This was a lot of fun to see you all collaborating so harmoniously! Can’t wait to join you on the next one! Thanks for hosting @Mark @Jason @tristan

7 Likes

Likewise! We had a ton of fun and got a bunch of stuff done. Thanks everybody for coming!

5 Likes

Hello @Mark
is there a video ? just to fun too :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

No, we didn’t record it.

1 Like

yeah, that was a lot of fun. Certainly looking forward to a few of those changes shipping… :clap: :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks again for showing how the sausage is made @Mark @Jason @tristan By any chance, was the ability to copy Glide tables implemented? I had to leave early so have no idea.

No, that’s not a trivial feature.

2 Likes

@Mark it’s a bit of side question but experiencing the joy basic no code programming here on Glide has inspired me to learn a programming language, is there a programming language you would recommend to a beginner?

@Tombaker Javascript and Python are both good choices to start with. Don’t worry too much about which language to pick. It’s more important to work on a project that’s fun to you and keeps you going.

4 Likes

Thanks @Mark

Javascript would be a good choice, because Google Apps Script is essentially Javascript. So if you learn JS, you’ll be able to put it to use immediately with Glide :wink:

5 Likes

What would you say are the biggest differences between Javascript and Typescript? Since Glide is written in Typescript, would learning that help us use Glide any better? Thanks

No.

3 Likes