Is Sign in required for all User Specific Columns

I know that for favourites to be enabled, a user must sign in, but i noticed that a public users actions can be recorded into a user specific column (using actions like increment etc)
If public users actions could be captured without them having to sign in then we could give them a slightly richer experience and offer value before we get their personal details. (if at all)
Is this in fact the case or there a gremlin in my app.
Any suggestions?

The information below is found here: https://docs.glideapps.com/all/product/data-editor/user-specific-columns

To use user-specific columns, your app needs to use Sign-in with email or Allowed Email List. You can still add user-specific columns with public or password-protected apps but user-specific columns will not be able to save data for each user and it will reset after each session.

2 Likes

Okay perfect, if it saves while using the app and then resets once they navigate away from the browser or the app then they can still get a reasonably nice personalised experience. I just wanted to make sure that it wasnā€™t just my MacBook doing itā€™s own thingšŸ˜…

You can use-specific columns without the user being signed in, and then I believe the experience is personalized just for that session as you put it.

2 Likes

Specifically when they close the tab/close the installed app then I think Glide ā€œresetsā€ those values.