Inverted Relation

Yeah, I guess it would have helped to actually paste the link to the original post, huh. I guess I forgot to do that. The original problem involves a non-user specific list of tasks, so only one list is maintained. A user can open a task and then using a form button, they can submit that they completed the task. What I would like to do is to then provide a list of only the tasks that the user has Not completed yet. I’ve been trying to solve this in my concepts app if you need a better visual. On a user record, I am able to get an array of completed tasks using relation and lookup columns. I would like to then use that array list for an inverted relation against the generic task list sheet to only get the records that do not match the list.

Like I said before, I think the new filter options you have in staging would solve this particular problem beautifully.

I don’t have any other great examples, but maybe this would also be useful in situations where you want to return a list of available items for sale, or available timeslots for appointments. By using an inverted relation and an array of purchased items, or occupied timeslots, you can easily only return the unpurchased items/open timeslots.