Integromat

My gnarliest one:

My simplest one:

3 Likes

Wow quite the scenarios!
+1 on Integromatā€¦ however Iā€™d rather have an API with Glide tables.
That way, anyone (Integroman, n8n, etc) could integrate Glide into their platforms.

1 Like

For that wild one, Iā€™m just curious (never having used Integromat before), but could some/most of that be done natively in Glide with IFTHENs? Not the notifications obviously, but the rest seems possible to meā€¦ or is it just simpler to do it all in Integromat?

Iā€™m just thinking that there may be a slight delay when using Integromat (or similar), so doing as much as possible in Glide is the best approach, then use the others for what Glide canā€™t do.

1 Like

Itā€™s a beautiful flow :blush:

If itā€™s cheaper than zapier, count me in!

1 Like

If I could have I would have :wink:

See instant vs scheduled: https://www.integromat.com/en/feature/triggers

3 Likes

As a visual guy itā€™s a lot more satisfying than writing SQL queries :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ditto. The visual aspect makes it simpler to build out and most importantly simpler to debug. Integromat does for your back-end processes, what Glide does for your front-end app.

Itā€™s a marriage made in heaven. But we need ā€œfatherā€ @Mark to hold the ceremony and make it official :wink:

2 Likes

Voted :white_check_mark:

1 Like

I get that, but there would still be a delay between the Glide app itself syncing with the instantly-updated sheet.

1 Like

Webhooks are effectively instant

2 Likes

Just a quick shout out to @david in an attempt to resurrect this thread, based on your brief comments on YouTube yesterday. Maybe today is the day to call them? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So it strikes me that even being able to trigger a web hook (i.e. hit the URL) would be hugely beneficial. Iā€™ve not used the existing Zapier integration but I imagine that it allows you to select what data to send to Zapier and then packages this up nicely in an agreed format. Makes things much easier and better for beginners. However, in the absence of this same mechanism for Integromat, if we just had a ā€œhit this URLā€ action then we could trigger Integromat by web hook and pass whatever data we wanted via query string. @Mark does that make the request easier to address? I can do it NOW but only using an ā€œopen linkā€ action which of course shows an ugly browser window.

1 Like

Yup! I have 8 scenarios that are polling my spreadsheet every 15 minutes for ā€œadd new rowā€ events in an attempt to trigger scripts ā€œinstantaneouslyā€ while not using too many operations per month.

A webhook tied to a button action in Glide would actually allow me to run these instantaneously while not eating through my operations quota.

3 Likes

Yup. Exactly. Or a ā€œhit web hookā€ action after a submission. Or after an ā€œAdd rowā€. Or even after a ā€œSet columnā€. So useful.

2 Likes

This would have to be done via JavaScript right?

So for HTML, you wouldnā€™t be able to use this somehow?

<a_href=ā€œjavascript:close_window();ā€>close

obviously changed some of the formatting here

1 Like

Do you also have a white page accepted with a http request as trigger?

1 Like

I wont even use it but I think these people really want this @Mark. Iā€™m in.

3 Likes

Unfortunately yes