🔥 In staging: Swipe Layout!

Swipe left to GO TO NEXT ROW! Swipe right to open!

13 Likes

The left and right actions are configurable. Those are just the defaults.

17 Likes

Even more excellent. So now we will build a Tinder on Glide right? :joy:

8 Likes

Amazing. AND it cycles back to the beginning again! So smart!

5 Likes

Swipe, hint component, better title component - we’re off to a great 2021 start!

5 Likes

eta? just had a client ask for swiping cards this morning, incidentally

3 Likes

Can we run a custom action on swipe? One for swipe left one for swipe right?

@Jacktools_Net

Nice. I understand configurable in the meaning of turn off and on. But if I can run a custom action.

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OGC.49209c2c7fbf8c30635569b9e5055a95&pid=Api&rurl=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2Fl396LRzZnDdOeKTWE%2Fgiphy.gif&ehk=nsXLfsXNxGezb9QP5B%2BmHzpbAs5Q4JAZ%2Foxr5NFhoKU%3D

1 Like

This is all I know, not played with it yet :+1:

1 Like

Yes you can! I was thinking more about this last night…I don’t want a swipe to necessarily be a “view details” action…so having an image have the action instead seems to make the most sense to add a third dimension.

Hiccup = image doesn’t have a “view details” action—so you have to create a compound action for the image to view details.

Also, the swipe layout is only really functional as a main layout. Currently, you can create an in-line list on a detail page and set the layout to swipe, but it only gets applied if the inline list is pointing to an entire sheet and not a relation. Likewise, this type of in-line list loses the ability to set the actions are left and right swipes.

I’m sure these are all things that will be addressed once the future is further developed.

7 Likes

Also in Staging,

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 7.39.23 AM

When the arrow is clicked, it opens the actual app.

I love this!!!

5 Likes

First impressions of the Swipe Layout:

4 Likes

@Robert_Petitto

Not possible?

Swipe left = dismiss
Swipe right = next item
Button = view details

Not had chance to pay with yet so probably a stupid question

Don’t forget webhooks

2 Likes

very nice one :slight_smile:
will there be up/down swipes as well or only left/right?

I was wondering the same thing. I imagine only left and right but Glide has been known to surprise!

2 Likes

This is really cool, I will us this so much! :smiley:

I already build a small stack of question for my students app! Rellay cool feature. Do we know when this will be realised? Also is the barcode/QR features still in dev?

1 Like

I know!

Features in staging that I wish would move to production already:

• QR/Barcode Scanner
  • Upload Image directly through image component
5 Likes

One thing I’ve noticed recently is that images can be uploaded by dragging an image into any area of the screen (an image component doesn’t need to be present). This uploads the image to the Glide/Google storage area and creates a URL for the image. I don’t think this has always been the case — I’m pretty sure an image component – with an image – needed to be on the screen to do the drag/drop process.

2 Likes