🕵 In Staging - Spying All New Features in Glide

I believe that’s what it did when I tried that out several months ago.

2 Likes

Hopefully all types of barcodes will be available (PDF417…)

:star_struck:

Has anything changed in the staging area or is this an entirely new button component for scanning?

The Scan Linear Barcode action looks new. A little bit of a quicker way to scan regular barcodes.

2 Likes

What are your plans with this Darren? You seem keen to get your hands on it :thinking:

1 Like

Yes, very keen :slightly_smiling_face:

Do you remember the fun and games I had with my shift roster a while back?
I’m now extending that same app to be able to “clock” the workers in as they arrive for each shift change, and then provide a summary of how many actually showed up to work that shift. At each shift change (twice a day), about 150 workers are involved, and they all arrive at a muster area at about the same time. So it gets quite hectic. The way it currently works is the deployment foreman has my app with all the workers that are rostered for that shift presented as an inline list. As each one arrives, he taps their name, then taps a button to set their status, and the name is removed from the list. It works, but it’s a bit clunky.

So once a QR code scanner becomes available, my idea is:

• Each worker will have the app, with a QR code on their profile page, embedded with their worker ID.
  • The foreman will have a version of the app with the QR code scanner enabled.
  • As each worker arrives, he will open the app and show his profile page, and the foreman will scan the code
  • Boom! Done.
10 Likes

Oh yeah I remember.

This looks like a fantastic solution for that business, can’t wait to hear how it goes.

Wishing you great success with this one.

Been thinking about how to get the deep link url embedded automatically into a glide table so I can generate a deep link QR code, bit stumped with that one.

3 Likes

I recently added my employee app into an Adalo app. Figured wth, I need both functionalities might as well combine them.

1 Like

Any chance you could program a standalone barcode reader to your glide app that people would just put their phone under to be scanned in vs having the supervisor stand there and manually scan?

1 Like

Possibly. I have a few options. Also looking at the option of integrating with a thermal scanner with facial recognition as an alternative to the QR codes :wink:

5 Likes

Do you see what I see?
Do you see what I see?

16 Likes

oh, my…

1 Like

Amazing :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Like what you did there.

:wink: :wink:

Was doubly excited about this one.

1 Like

Had to take a double glance at that one and double check it was right

1 Like

Gosh… 🥲:grin::clap::clap:

This is gonna be pretty rad too!!

Unfortunately, the Alert action is just a debug tool for staging. It’s not an action that will be released. It’s been there for well over a year.

3 Likes

BOOOOOOOOO! That would be nice to have in instances when you want the end user to be sure that whatever action they’re performing, or info they’re providing, is really what they want to perform or provide

2 Likes