Seeking a little bit of inspiration here…
I need to create something the same (or similar) to the following in Glide:
- The above represents a shift roster for a single worker for an entire month.
- The colour coding represents different types of shifts (D = Day Shift, N = Night Shift, etc)
- I need to do this for about 300 workers, so I’m probably going to present all workers as a searchable/filterable inline list, and then use a View Details action to present the roster for each worker
- My data is currently structured like so:
- There is one sheet for each month (Jan, Feb, Mar, etc)
- Each sheet has a single row for each worker
- There are 2 or 3 columns of identifying information, followed by one column for each day of the month
- Each of the day of the month columns contains a “Shift Code” identifying that workers shift for that day
- I do have control over the data, so restructuring it to make it easier to work with is an option
My initial thought was that I could do it as an HTML table, creating a separate template for each month of the year, and then use CSS classes to generate the colour coded circles based on the shift codes. And I’ve actually already started down this path. Observe, an HTML table calendar with a wonky blue circle
However, I can see that this is going to get really messy very quickly. And so before I head too far down the rabbit hole, I thought it might be wise to ask:
- Has anyone tackled anything like this before, and have any advice to give?
- Does anyone have any bright ideas for a good (better) way to approach this challenge?