đŸ˜± Now Available: Multiple Selection!

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

35 Likes

This is too incredible and it was too necessary. I am beyond excited about this.

Excellent.

2 Likes

The only layout that doesn’t support it is segmented view. Here are the other views:
Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 7.52.20 PMScreen Shot 2021-10-26 at 7.52.39 PM

3 Likes

How does it get added to the destination cell? Comma-separated list?

2 Likes

Yep
so, can’t really do multiselect on choice values with commas, but it’s good for now!

1 Like

Thanks! Good to know, should be very helpful!

Yeah, I think we are going to need the option to specify the delimiter. Comma is just too common. I’m a much bigger fan of the pipe character |. It’s much safer and I know for a fact that the federal government does some data transfers using pipe delimited data.

9 Likes

After 1000 comments by @AyS_0908 it has finally happened.

11 Likes

While I agree that the “|” is probably a better option for this, I also think that the “value” portion of the choice component should be a distinct value and not necessarily a long string of text (that may include a comma).

5 Likes

pssst! Don’t anyone tell @AyS_0908 :rofl: :joy:

7 Likes

My delimiter of choice is a double-pipe ||.
I like that extra layer of safety :wink:

9 Likes

More reason to choose our own. :wink:

3 Likes

I can’t wait for this to drop :star_struck:

3 Likes

So happy to wake up and see this in development
 great news! Thank you Glide.

4 Likes

Robert, we won’t need your trebuchet method any more, it was great while it lasted!! :grin::grin::grin:

5 Likes

So sad not to have anymore to do 100 hundred Trebuchet columns :slight_smile:

8 Likes

You’ll still use it for adding to/from arrays (as leveraged here: :people_holding_hands: Add Follower/Following functionality to your app, but no, you won’t need it for multiselect purposes anymore!

7 Likes

1000 at minimum!

You know what @ThinhDinh, I was so lazy to do the Trebuchet for the dozenS of multiselects that I have in my app, that I decided to wait (for 3 months
).
Now I will be able to finalize then have this tested!

7 Likes

It’s a BIG day

5 Likes