Import Data from Google Sheets

Hi All!
I was getting ready to submit my first app to the Glide Template store, and have noticed that they only accept Glide Tables as a data source. :person_facepalming:
So my question is there away to import the data from a google sheet as has 10 sheets attached. Appreciate any help you can offer.

Patrick

1 Like

Currently cut and paste; but because they just added this requirement, and because they’ve changed their pricing plans, a lot of people are wanting to convert their sheets to native Glide tables.

That is “in the works”.

As far as I know, there is no set timetable, but it should be soon, because they are requiring all existing templates to be converted soon.

2 Likes

There is no shortcut to your problem :smiling_face_with_tear:

You can cut and paste data as @David_Gabler said, but all computed columns must be created all over again. There’s no workaround. I hope they will have a CSV import option in the future.

Yes, that will be good, too. But with the “convert Sheet to Glide” option, computed columns will be included – at least they are when Glide creates a table from and Excel Workbook.

Can you not save the google sheet as an excel workbook and then import that in ?

Again, you lose your computed columns.

1 Like

Thanks all for your feedback.
I’ve converted the google sheet to an excel sheet and then connected that to the app, duplicated the tables to set them as glide tables. As you have said I need to set back up the computed columns and and link the data back to the correct columns.

1 Like