I have done it! game on! the real chat app is here!

hmmmm…I will look into it thanks becz not expected behavior

@Ivaylo.Valchev Just checked everything and able to confirm its working in webview…are you trying to open it in desktop mode? If you are then that might explain why your being taken to an external link.

I also checked with tawk to and no changes at their end. Glide has not as far as I am aware made any changes to its webview component. So not sure why you are experiencing blank screens.

It’s a Button component with Action: Open web view & target the direct link from tawk. I’ve tried opening it from a phone and desktop … the result is the same. If I set the action: Open link it technically opens new window (on mobile) in the app and if closed you are still in the app but is not a web view. It’s really strange indeed … I’ve been testing on iOS device if that is of any help…

1 Like

This is on iPhone. It’s how it should be. I don’t know why it’s happening to you.

That is a screen with ‘Open link’ button action and not with ‘Open web view’ button action. The first is a completely new browser tab inside the app and the second (web view), which I like to use, is embedded link. Thanks for you are help Wiz it all makes sense now.

Why are you using open link>?

You need to use open web view …tx

I know and is not working, the screen you’ve posted is from Open link. Here is main with Open link

Please extract the direct char URL from tawk to, paste it inside a rich text component or button, and then set it it to open web view

Here is a screenshot with Open web view -

The difference between the too is on the top and bottom, and of course the middle :slight_smile:

Where in the world are you, pls?

Bulgaria, EU. There are no restrictions if that is what you are thinking.

That’s great! the way we see it,if a 3rd party URL opens inside Glide…it is web view…if it does not (it is open link). Since we are able to open it inside Glide…we call it web view… Hope it helps.

Hey thanks for all the information. I am a little lost. How did you get your wordpress site to open in webview? All my sites keep saying it won’t let me.

1 Like

@Anthony_Osei-Tutu

Add a button component. Open actions. Find web view. Add the website url.

Yes I did that but it says that the website prevents it from being embedded. I was thinking you knew a workaround, or maybe a setting I needed to add on Wordpress to get it to be embedded.