Hi. I have a relation between two tables, and in one of them a series of lookup fields. It works fine, until I change the user, in that case I see the relation but not the lookup fields, what can this be due to?
Do you have Row Owners enabled on one of your table? Or are you using User Specific columns anywhere?
Now that you tell me this, I notice that all the fields that I think the tables, which are synchronised from airtabel, are marked by default with user especific. it is not marked by me, it comes out by default. I understand that this is what happens. It only shows me the data that is created in airtable, but not the data that originates directly in glide. Is it possible to change that?
I’m not overly familiar with Airtable and how it interacts with Glide, so I’m not sure why the fields would default as user specific. How did you create the columns that became user specific? Did you create them in Airtable, or did you create them in Glide? What type of columns are they?
You will need to recreate the affected columns. I’m just not sure if you have to create them in Airtable, or if you can create them through Glide. Either way, they need to not be user specific.
Thank you for your time Jeff. I created the fields in glide, because if you create them in airtable, when they get to glide, you can’t convert them to relation, you can only use the basic field types. So I create them in glide the ones I want to use to establish a relation and later carry data with lookup. If I create the fields in a non-synchronized glide table, I can choose not to be user specific fields, but in the columns that are synchronized with airtable, all the fields are created like that. I’m sure there is a reason, but I don’t see the logic, because this prevents me from taking advantage of the potential of airtable automations while using glide. Certain automations that are very simple in airtable using repeteating groups, here it would mean creating an eternal workflow with many conditionals.
Something doesn’t sound right and I’m not sure I completely understand what you are trying to do. I can’t image you would have this much trouble. I also don’t follow what you are saying with relations and lookups. Correct, you can only create computed columns like that in Glide, but at the same time, you can only mark basic columns as user specific when you create them in Glide. Computed columns like relations/lookups cannot be set as user specific or not. They only become user specific if the basic columns they refer to are user specific.
I think you need to share some screenshots of your column configurations and what you see when you create a new column. I would think at the very least, you should be able to create basic columns in airtable, and then create the rest of your computed columns in glide.
Yes, I think the only possible solution I see is that all the basic columns are created in airtable, even if they are not necessary as such in the airtable automations. This way, they stop being specific for each user… I have to redo everything…
here you can see that when you create any new column in that table, directly in glide, it marks it as user specific
Yeah, that must be an issue specific to Airtable. That is not an issue with Google sheets.
Hi again Jeff. . That was the problem. By creating the fields first in airtable, and then establishing relations in Glide, there is no problem. It involves “duplicating” data transfers that are not necessary, but it is the only way to do it. Thanks for your time.
This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.