How to get the Row ID from another table with a specific status during form submission

Hi all! New user here. I’m trying to build a simple app to place orders from available inventory.

I have 3 tables:

1. Inventory,
  2. Order Release
  3. Order Release Log (shows what’s ordered for each order release).

I currently have a button that creates an “In Progress” Order Release with a unique row ID. There will only be 1 “In Progress” at any time

Then, within each product page, I have a form adding new rows to the Order Release Log table. I’d like to get the Row ID of the ‘In Progress’ order in the other table so I can ultimately connect them with relations. BUT I have no idea how to get anything from the other table within the form that’s provided.

I could add new rows now with the item and quantity to order in the Order Release Log, but no idea how to connect it to the “In Progress” order release without getting that Row ID during that form submission.

Thanks!

Is the row ID of the order not available when clicking here?

No since it only shows me options in the “Order Release Log” table, but I wanted to get the Order ID of the In Progress order in the “Order Release” table.

It appears as though you’re building out the log form from within the Inventory table, but I think the form should really be built within the newly created order release table so you can access the order release fields/values.

2 Likes