How to enable editing without sync

Some context: I’m developing an app which acts as a platform, for business (b2b2c) (think something like zillow) the problem is that I can do ARRAYFORMULA and everything works but when my users (business) try to edit, it will sometimes edit mission critical info (price, etc.) so I need to be able to “publish” the changes at some time, are there any other ways to have this feature (without using the API? [Since I’m trying out I’m on the free plan])

I’m not sure I understand your problem. If you don’t want a user to edit a value, then don’t give them the option to edit it.

Like for example, take a hardware store (or any store) when you want to adjust a price, you can’t (or at least shouldn’t) change the price of an item during the day, you should wait until the store closes and open with a new price for the item

Okay, so you only want to allow editing during certain times of the day?

You can do that with a bit of date math. For example, let’s say you only want to allow editing between the hours of 5pm and 9am.

• Create a math column using the formula Hour(Now), where Now is the special current date/time value. This will give you a number between 0 and 23 representing the hour of the day.
  • Now create an if-then-else column that references the previous column:
    – If Hour is less than 9, then true
    – If Hour is greater than 16, then true
  • Now all you need to do is use that column as a condition on your edit form, only allowing editing when that column is true.

Is this what you were looking for?

Not exactly but I think it’s probably impossible to adapt this feature, I was looking more like, everyone can edit 24/7 but the data is refreshed at a certain time (ex. 3am)

I think if I use another worksheet I could work around this

Refreshed? You mean the data comes from an external source? So you want to disable editing while the data is being updated in the backend, or…?
Sorry, but I’m struggling to wrap my head around what you’re trying to do.

Maybe “refresh” is not the right term, I think he meant “publish” the prices at some time/hour of day.

Saludos!

My gut feeling is that it’s an XY problem :wink:

2 Likes