How to create an app for taking Sales Orders

847/5000

Hello, thanks for answering.
It really wouldn’t help me because as I mentioned, the products are loaded first and then the order is confirmed, like a regular shopping cart.
In case of doing it as you say, I understand that it works, because first I generate the order and then I enter through that ID to load products, but I first need to show the products before ordering.
What could help me is that from the products view, just let me add if I have generated an order, but I don’t know how to do it. That is, an example is the instagram clone application made in glide, where if the email is registered with the name it shows one view and another.
Now I pass a video to you to see how it works.

So far it works, but if I make a new order on the day, the sum accumulates and mixes with the previous order.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about this, but I can’t thing of a good way to do this with your current setup. I think you would have to use some sort of script.

First I would remove the date from your order id so it’s only email and business
Next you can continue to use Unique to built your orders sheet
Next submit the form to confirm your order.
Here, instead of using a formula to fill the detail records with the final confirmed ID, I think you would need to run a script that would read the confirmed order id record, and then search for any matching details in the detail sheet and write the confirmed final id to each row that doesn’t have a confirmed id entered yet.

That’s all I can think of. I think you need a script instead of regular sheet formulas. Probably not easy, but hopefully this gives you some ideas and you can figure it out.

Could you add on the word “open” or “new” to your manual ID when placing a new order and then, when an order is completed, create an ID that matches but instead has the word “closed” or “completed”. In the orders sheet, only relate to ids that have “open” to prevent the multiple relation? This would, in fact, be much more complex then what I’m describing…hard to know without looking at the app.

Hello
I am not familiar with scripts. I use the date in the ID because if the next day that mail makes another request to that business, the sum of the total will not serve me.
I’m thinking of a simpler way to do it. I think I already have it in mind.
Later I explain what I have in mind.

1 Like

Hi, I’m not sure if I understand you.
Basically I have 3 tabs.

Detail orders: Where all the product orders are loaded (for example, in one row there will be a Muzarella pizza, in another row a special one, from the same user or different ones. I use the date, local and mail as ID. That would be a unique ID for each user x day x local, so I use the date.

An orders table with unique function (where I group all those matching orders). In that orders table I add the totals according to the IDs of the orders detail tab, but once I confirm the order, I need something that identifies me which are the detail rows of orders that are finished.
Because if the same user then makes another order on the same day for the same location, it would not work.

So I made a third tab, orders completed. Where, from the orders table I send the data and they remain static with a unique ID. But I still don’t identify the order detail rows.
In other words, in the orders table the SUMAR.SI total (Detail orders! A2: A; A2, I2: I) will add to me both those sent before and after.

Basically, I’m looking to make a shopping cart that allows you to add products as you see them, like any modern cart. UberEats, Glovo, Orders Now, Rappi, etc …
Of course, with limitations, but the way of asking interests me.

Here’s a bit of a wild idea.

• Create a column in your confirmed orders sheet that will contain only email and business. This can be 2 separate column joined with a template, or you can write it to the sheet later already joined from the form button. Doesn’t matter. We just need email and buiness only.
  • Next on your products, sheet follow the instructions here to get a lookup column of the user’s signed in email into the products sheet. List Relation "Data"
  • Next in the products sheet, create a template column of the signed in user email and business.
  • Next create a relation column that links the template to the email-business template in the confirmed orders sheet.
  • Next create a rollup column to count the number of confirmed orders for that email-business.
  • Next create a math column that will add 1 to the rollup value.
  • Next create a template column that joins the math value and the email-business.
    (Each product should now have a column that includes the email, the business and the next available order number for that email-business.)

Now when you click on the form button to purchase the product, you will include the order number - Email - Business template column and write it to the sheet. This will replace your date - email - business column.

Your orders sheet should still work the same using Unique.

When you confirm an order, it will write a record to the confirmed orders sheet. When you later purchase a production from the same business, the rollup column will increment by 1 and the math column will increment by 1 giving you the next available order number for that email-business combo.

I haven’t tested this, so I hope it works for you.

Edit: Sorry, the first paragraph in this post want meant to be posted. It was a first draft idea that I don’t think was going work. I meant to delete it and it’s removed now. Sorry if that led to any confusion.

5 Likes

Hi.
I was looking at the topic Data relation “Data” to test if it works for me but I can’t understand it well.
In my product sheet I have a name column, which then with a relationship allows me to get the email that started. But how can I link commerce with mail? That is, the trade exists in the spreadsheet but the mail is virtual. I tried the replace function but I couldn’t. I’m there, then I would have to see if I understand him correctly. But I stopped there. How can I concatenate a real data with a virtual one?

I can not understand well, but with your help I will try to incorporate an id every time I order a product, depending on whether there are already confirmed orders. He gave me an idea, I’m going to try it and then I’ll tell him.

Go Mariano go!! :slight_smile:

Edit to last post

What do you mean be the replace function? Just to be clear, there are no additional sheet formulas in my steps. Everything can be done within the Glide data editor.

Which step are you stuck on? You can join two values with the template column.

I managed to get an id to send each product.
Your recommendation helped me, I’m not sure if I did as you tell me, but it was based on your idea.
In the products table I already had the trade in each row, so I only had to add the mail, concatenate it to control with the confirmed table. While I succeeded, I had to make multiple columns in the editor. Surely there is a simpler way, but I’ll show you to see.

1. In the spreadsheet I entered the word name to all the products, to relate it to the user.
    Already in the editor
  2. A relation column to get the mail.
  3. A vlookup column to get the mail again, otherwise I can’t find a way to concatenate it.
  4. A template column to link commerce and mail.
  5. A relation column to join with confirmed orders
  6. A vlookup column to find the number of times that mail and trade are in the confirmed orders table.
  7. A template column to join Commerce & mail & count

I show you the link:

It works, it takes a while for the order to arrive and at this moment the internet works slowly, I would have to use a total in the data editor and also make several changes to optimize the application and reduce formulas. But I wanted to test that logic and it works. I am missing many things, but it is the basis for taking off.

2 Likes

That looks about right. Glad it’s working for. It’s a lot of columns to create but I don’t know if a better way. Like you said, the only issue now is the orders sheet being slow to show the order. That’s the problem with using formulas in the google sheet. It can take awhile for the data updated by sheet formulas to sync back to Glide. If I think of something, I’ll let you know.

2 Likes

@Jeff_Hager, thanks for this! Soon I’ll post Buffalo Burger updated with without the order ID problem :pray:t3::pray:t3::pray:t3:

1 Like

WHAT METHOD FOR PAYMENT GATE IN YOUR APP ???

@Diklat_MII I don’t have any apps that take any form of payment. Was this question for someone else?

We want to make app like:
1.Uber, www.uber.com . it is transportation booking.
2.Traveloka , www.traveloka.com . it is flight ticket and hotel booking
3.Flightradar24 , www.flightradar24.com . it is flight GPS update and flight ticket booking

please help us to realize the dream of making the app???
It will use bank transfer payment gate and it cant use stripe.

At the moment, Glide isn’t the product you need to make this app

Nice touch on using the math column/ rollup column. This was the missing piece! Bookmarking this for later!

1 Like

Works amazing Thanks @Jeff_Hager

1 Like