How to create a payment system between members and take a commission?

Hi!

All is in the title: How to create a payment system between members and take a commission?

Thanks for your answers,

Yoann.

Hello!

Hmm that seems to be a can of worms. There are many ways to go about the same problem.

The way I had started in the past with a marketplace I used to run on a very rudimentary basis:

1. Control activities as a middle man while providing value to both parties (you essentially have to do this regardless)
  2. Have any transactions be done through me, and to start via email
  3. Charge/Invoice people buying the service and/or take a commission
  4. Pay people providing the service and/or take a commission

You could I guess do this with Stripe and Glide, but the easiest would be to use Glide as a front end and try and test out the value you provide before going further.

Hello justinjmp,

Thanks for your answer, I can add a buy button to a page for customer but how can I reverse a part of money to the seller automatically? :thinking:

you can not, this is only possible using special services like Stripe connect, and then Google scripts to catch the transactions and update your Glide app

I haven’t created 2 sided marketplaces with Glide yet so wouldn’t know if it’s best suited for it. Will allow others to jump in on that :slight_smile: .

Here are the docs from Stripe on pay outs that could be used for commissions. Pay out money | Stripe Documentation

What I suspect would be the easiest using Glide + Make would be:

1. Connect sellers to your stripe, with onboarding on Glide
  2. Sell products/Accept payment via Glide connected to Stripe
  3. When payments are registered trigger a payout via Make and then reporting back to Glide
  4. Display the data in the UI for your sellers, buyers, and admin to see depending on the information that they should see

1 Like

:slightly_frowning_face: it looks like complicated. But thank you Uzo! As Justin said I will probably try my app on the market and then watch if it works.

Ok thanks, first of all I will try my app on the market. In your point of view what should I do to promote my app (have users) ?

The million dollar question!

What I’ve found success in is finding niches and trying to solve problems for them. I’d suggest checking out the indiehackers community and listening to the indiehackers podcast - https://www.indiehackers.com/

You can meet a lot of people and get great tips on starting and marketing your products!

1 Like

:grinning: :dollar: Exactly Justin, that what I was thinking when I was writing the question (One million dollar question :joy:). Thank you!

1 Like

Probably 1/3 of my app requests are for some sort of user to user payment platform (B2C marketplaces) with commission to the app builder.

It’s not easily achievable whatsoever. It does require something like stripe connect and it can’t be embedded into Glide so it results in a lousy UX.

AND there’s a slew of tax implications that the app builder needs to be aware of.

Needless to say, I typically turn down these requests.

1 Like

Same, to be honest.

2 Likes

Glad to know it’s not just me.

2 Likes

Hi guys,

Robert_Petitto! The legend of Glide!
-“It’s not easily achievable whatsoever. It does require something like stripe connect and it can’t be embedded into Glide so it results in a lousy UX.”
-“Probably 1/3 of my app requests are for some sort of user to user payment platform (B2C marketplaces) with commission to the app builder.”

OK! Let’s improve it! You will answer to 1/3 of requests: “We can do it!”. There is a huge potential with this economy. I’m sure you will change your point of view knowing what my app is doing. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Feel free to let us know in here or a new thread how you need further help with your app.

Believe me, I’d LOVE to have a plug and play solution for B2C marketplaces in Glide. I just haven’t found a nocode solution that allows a 100% in app experience yet for both the vendor and the customer.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.