How do I transfer an app from my personal to a team app?

Hi,

I have a number of apps in my personal account, and I’d like to transfer one of them to a team app for one of our team members to take a close look at without sharing my password.

I tried transferring but I always get a pop up box that says the app is already a team app (though I don’t see the app on the team page) so I can’t transfer it.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

I have hired a developer who I need to give remote access to to take a look at the backend of the app in the team section.

Please, this is urgent and any immediate help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Is the app on a paid plan? Is the destination team on a paid plan?

1 Like

Thanks for your response, Jeff.

Yes, the app is on a paid plan but the destination team is not on a paid plan.

As I understand it, glide currently doesn’t allow transferring in those cases where there is a paid plan, because it’s hard to manage the pro-rated billing of an app and it’s usage statistics between different teams. Teams are billed separately. You could try duplicating your app (the duplicate will be a free app) and then try to transfer that duplicate into a team. I honestly don’t know if that will work, but worth a shot.

3 Likes

Thank, Jeff:

“You could try duplicating your app (the duplicate will be a free app) and then try to transfer that duplicate into a team. I honestly don’t know if that will work, but worth a shot.”

I tried that, and it created a duplicate that was much different from the original.

Different in what way? It should be an identical copy.

1 Like

When I duplicate, it gives me an app that’s not the same as the original. It’s similar but not the same.

But what’s different with the duplicated app? I have never had a duplicate app come out different from the original.

Are you accidentally trying to create a page from the app instead of duplicateing the app?

I guess I’m trying to understand what you mean when you say it’s different. It doesn’t make sense that it would be different. Screenshots would help a lot.

1 Like

Here are some screenshots.

I’m adding all four screenshots in separate responses because Glide doest not allow new users to upload more than 1 media image to a response.

Here’s the second one.

Here’s the third one.

The fourth one.

So what you mean is the “template apps can not be transferred” message is different or something else?

1 Like