I have a feature in my app that allows me to send a Text message to my customer. I use a Webhook into ClickSend, rather than sending the text message from my mobile, thereby allowing the customer to see my personal number we use ClickSend. This way the text come from our company account, and all text messages are in one place, not spread over various staff mobiles.
In the customer record, I have a button ClickSend Message.
It uses the Action Show form.
The destination form uses a Sheet Text Messages. This contains the basic fields for the message and data for auditing purposes. .
The form itself. This is the resulting form when you click the button ClickSend Message for the customer.
I compose the message and click the Submit button.
The ON SUBMIT uses a basic multistep custom action.
So that is how this feature currently works. And, this is what I don’t like about how it works.
- Clicking the Submit button, it’s not obvious to some lesser minded people.
- In order to achieve this I have to attach a database to it. I have all the auditing information in the ClickSend website, I don’t need it on the device.
How do I make it like this…
- Click the button on the customer form
- A new form appears with almost the same fields. But with the addition of a drop-down allowing you to select various template messages.
- A basic number field where type the MINUTES and this number is inserted into the message. Thereby no need to edit the entire text message.
- Have a big SEND button on the screen that does the Webhook action.
- I don’t want to create a new record in a Text Message table. I don’t want the Submit record button.
If I must work with a table, I can create the record in the background on the customer action. But I don’t want the screen to look like you are editing a record. The only thing I want to be able to change is a dropdown box to choose a template message, a number field (this number is inserted into the message) and a textbox with the full message (if they want to make further edits).