How do I add multiple items

On my form for a client I have the following
and the values for the inline list comes from a relation column
and I have School 1 and School 2 in the spreadsheet as shown below

For the Add School button I have
The problem is that when I click the Add button I get
What I want to do is select a school from a table and add it into my client. Any ideas what I am doing wrong or what do I need to do to make it work?

Is the number of schools fixed, or could you have many?
Either way, if you want to present a list of schools to select from, you would need have them arranged in a single column and then use a choice component.
So I would suggest a separate “Schools” sheet with a column for the school name, and then one row per school.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply.
I can have multiple of schools.
I already have the schools on a separate sheet.
What I want to know how do I add items in the relationship column i.e GUI?

There are a few ways to do this.

The easiest way would be to create a 3rd table to setup a many to many relationship between Clients and Schools. This table would have one column for ClientID and one for SchoolID, and one row for each Client/School combination. When a client selects a School from your choice component, you would need a Submit button with an action that add a row to that table with the SchoolID and ClientID. You can then create a multi-relation between your Clients and Clients-Schools table joining the ClientID in each.

The downside with this method is that it can use a lot of rows if you have many clients and/or schools.

Another option is to use a technique referred to as the trebuchet method to create a column containing a joined list of ClientID’s in your Schools table. This option requires much less rows, but is a lot more difficult to implement.

So how do I add and delete vales into the data array columns?

Are you using the new Sheet method or the Trebuchet method?

I’m using google sheets.

Then you can add new values to the array by using the form to populate that new Sheet, and remove by deleting rows from that same Sheet.