How can I import data from the web in Glide Table app?

… Is there any possibility to do this ? How ?
I’m interested to import from a web page currency rate of exchange.

Thank you,
MV

Hi @M.V_Consulting_SRL , as far as I know, you can currently export data from a Glide Table (via Zapier or webhook) but importing automatically is not yet possible.

2 Likes

Ok, I usually do this (export data) with Webhook and Integromat.
But I need to update daily a certain currency rate of exchange for my app.
In Google Sheet is easy… I wonder if it is also possible in Glide Tables ?

Hi, if you want to import some data from G.Sheet to Glide Table, a workaround is

1. In the source Google Sheet: add an “IMPORTED” column (will enable to let visible the items which are not imported)

2. In Glideapps:

• create a Glide Table with the required fields-columns to import from the G-Sheet
  • create a screen linked to this Glide Table
  • create an Inline List → link it to the Google Sheet (cf. ‘Source > Values’) → display at least one field (cf. ‘Data > Title’)
  • create a “Set columns” action: select the ones to import + write “1” in the IMPORTED Google Sheet column
  • filter the InLine list per "IMPORTED is not 1
  • Clic on each item of the InLine list: they will disapear from the InLine list.

The Google Sheet is imported in Glide Table

4 Likes

Thank you for this, but…
In my app I’m using Glide Tables only. The ideea was to update daily my currency values from a web page in my Glide Table.
The only solution as i see now is to start another app, with a Google sheet which will contain dates imported from the web. Because I cannot add now a google sheet in my app :-(… Adding a Google sheet in your Glide Table app is a feature promised by Glide Team .

For sure there’s a solution to pull a live data feed, @Robert_Petitto probably covers it somewhere in his YouTube tutorials. He has so much covered for images and charts that it should carry-over to your needs through a URL of some type.
https://www.youtube.com/c/RobertPetittoWA/videos

Another option is to do a webview, if the website you’re trying to draw from allows it.

I’m also trying to develop things with Glide Tables only, so I’m following this haha.

1 Like

As far as I aware there’s no solution for this with Glide Tables, months ago there was a test with an API column but that never got into production. That was the closest thing you get for pulling a live data feed into GT.

2 Likes

can’t do that yet.

1 Like

@M.V_Consulting_SRL Have a look here if you want to import a larger chunk of data to your app