Host app at custom domain subfolder

I current run my Glide pages app at a subdomain of my website, using “app.mydomain.com”. I have some parts of my application I would like to make public, with premium content requiring sign in. Some of the content that would be public would be awesome for generating SEO and pagerank reputations to drive more traffic to my application. Therefore, I would like to use custom domain hosting for this subset of the application content behind a subfolder instead of a subdomain. (mydomain.com/relevantslug/each-page-of-my-app)

I know that in order to host the parts of my application that would be public, I will have to break out that function into a separate Glide app, which I am okay doing because I can still use the same data source between both web apps. However when I attempted to move hosting to a subfolder it doesn’t feel like Glide can do it (eg., the custom domain wizard is unable to generate the DNS entries and just appears blank).

I am curious if anyone has done this or has some creative approaches. The amount of content that could add SEO value is quite staggering, so I am really keen on figuring something out for this.

Cheers!

I don’t think Glide is suited for what you’re trying to do here.

Thanks. I think honestly more of this is controllable by the creator than we think. If the subfolder hosting capability is made available, my domain’s robot.txt file can govern how Google deals with indexing, removing that requirement from Glide. I’ll move this over to a feature request and also check to see if it should be merged into any other existing ones.

At the same time, if any readers have done something interesting for this I’d be curious to hear about it.