Hiding download for audio

Hi Gurus

Has anyone figured out how to hide the dots to avoid users from downloading audio content and how to add a play count when a user clicks play

1 Like

I do not think that is possible, itā€™s the browsersā€™ built in audio player, and that (probably) cannot be modified. Even if you hid the three dots, people can still look into the page source and view where the audio is from and download it from there.

@ThinhDinh and I have tried to target that element via CSS and canā€™t find the class name anywhere to hide it. I donā€™t think you can.

2 Likes

Yes ā€¦this is veryā€¦ annoying to findā€¦
a lot of time working to discover thisā€¦and its my fault,
not seeing on the iPhone i didnā€™t noticeā€¦
Glide must give out a better audio playerā€¦indeedā€¦,
this wayā€¦canā€™t beā€¦THIS with no IN APP SUBCRIPTION PAYMENTSā€¦
other than the tortuous ( for me ) AND VERY KINDLY GIVEN explanation
from Fabio Leanzi and Robert Petittoā€¦VERY GREAT PERSONS INDEED, its a very serious issue on Glide hereā€¦
Seems you canā€™t build a serious audio app for sellingā€¦,
how can it beā€¦, I bought a template , the insider cms templateā€¦because it was showing
a subscription buttonā€¦but if one can download the items ā€¦who will buy the subscription just one time
after having downloaded allā€¦is lost and a great loss for the ā€œownerā€™s appā€ and the artists being shown thereā€¦
UPDATE : Same behaviour ā€¦ 14 dollars paidā€¦and I donā€™t wanna a refundā€¦but more seriousness on this from Glideā€¦,
so Iā€™ll put all my mp3 linked to the demo versions on my siteā€¦butā€¦this is very disappointingā€¦
Being like this after this Iā€™ll be back on Adalo, taking a look on what is happening here,because I REALLY LIKE GLIDEā€¦but simple cannot afford thisā€¦its not acceptable from my clientā€¦ .
Cā€™mon Glideā€¦do somethingā€¦I donā€™t wanna accuse anyone I still think its me that Iā€™m a tool, but please say somethingā€¦
I must consider now to use my site by means of the web viewā€¦and using the WooCommerce
and Membermouse or Paid membership pro for have a secure player and the monthly subscriptionsā€¦
this also saying that Iā€™m not still able to use the Payhere advicesā€¦maybe Iā€™m too dumb.
A lot of timeā€¦wasted to discover this, not to mention that the builder doesnā€™t show thatā€¦,so how i could I suppose this to happenā€¦

1 Like

I solved it via a workaround.
Since my files are hosted on S3, I was able to deny the ability to download via S3.
Happy to share the details but itā€™s applicable only if you use S3 to host the files.

1 Like

unfortunately not,
Iā€™m taking my files from my hosting,
in app subscriptions and audio player are 2 issues Glide should handle far better, as they are capable as I believe they are

Hi what is S3 lol

Amazon Servers ,am I correct ?

Actuallyā€¦ @Robert_Petitto

I think I found it!

Hereā€™s the html:

<audio controls controlsList="nodownload"><source src="SOURCE" type="audio/mp3"></audio>
3 Likes

Yes.
S3 is a hosting solution under Amazon Web Services (AWS)

1 Like

Wow ā€¦thanksā€¦really kind ,butā€¦is it possible to add that in Glide ? And where ?

Paste it into a Rich Text component.

1 Like

On Glide? ā€¦ i cannot access ā€¦i understand on a rich text editor the html can be handled but the matter here is where on Glide ?

There is a rich text component. You donā€™t need an editor. See Jeffā€™s link above

1 Like

Thanks for the trick Pablo!

1 Like

Thanks Pablo!

Okā€¦not sure could work in my case , as you can see I have alreeady a player is there a way to instruct to load the song as the previous one ? Actually Iā€™m digging right now ā€¦kust saying , thanks for the help .

Just create a template column with that same code that then replaces ā€˜SOURCEā€™ with your url. Then use the template column in the rich text component. Then remove the audio component.

1 Like

Not sure ā€¦so I have to rebuild from scratch the app ?
Template column where is it ? Components ?From the plus button or in the Glideā€™s tables ?Schermata 2021-03-12 alle 05.14.18