Hide features from non-signed in users

Hi, it seems that I can only use the is/is not empty options when using a lookup column. Is there another way to do this?

Do you mean something like this?

Well not exactly. I want to do something similar but using a column with the userā€™s first name.

Can you describe more about your use case using the userā€™s first name instead of the email which will be unique?

I am trying to set the property to hide elements when the user hasnā€™t entered their first name, last name, workplace, and etc. I want to figure out how to do this with the first name column so I can apply it to the rest. I also I had problems with the relations. Whenever I related two sheets it only took as many rows as it could fit, versus taking all of the rows.

Just to confirm, are you setting your app to be a public or a public with email?

Have you set your relation to be single instead of multiple?

What do you mean by this? Do you have a screenshot?

![

Screenshot 2020-07-27 at 11.38.01 AM|690x367](upload://jzmkBIVxFJQb1owZmibtx3ENNx0.png)

Public with email

I figured out the row problem, but I still canā€™t get the filter to work.

Can you elaborate more on your ā€œfilterā€, or do you mean visibility?

Sorry I meant visibility.

So what logic do you want to use here for your visibility? Can you describe more about the flow?

Iā€™m not sure that I did it correctly, but first I created a template column in the Computer Science Sheet with the value ā€œtrueā€. Then, I created a relation with the if-then-else column in the Sign-In Info Sheet. Finally, I created a lookup column that retrieved the first names.

So I take it you want to check if the signed-in user has filled in their first name or not?

That is correct

So what you can do is:

• Setup ā€œUser profilesā€ for the app, using the ā€œSign-in Info Sheetā€

https://docs.glideapps.com/all/reference/privacy-and-per-user-data/user-profiles

• In the visibility condition, use the ā€œUserā€ menu in the dropdown, point that to your ā€œFirst nameā€ column and set visibility to ā€œFirst nameā€ is not empty.
1 Like

Thank you so much!

1 Like