Hackers/SPAM

Im currently in the process of helping other entrepreneurs create an app for their businesses - but one of the questions I’ve received is whether there is potential for hackers to enter the app? Can someone help with this please?

2 Likes

Are you talking about the data editor or the app itself?
If it’s unpublished, then no.
If it’s published with a password, then no.
If it has a sign in with email, or is public and you are letting users edit or add items, then kinda? Not sure if that counts as hacking though. Probably not.
If you are using an email whitelist, then no.
If you are using filtering instead of row owners, then probably. Filtering isn’t very safe.

If you’re talking about the actual glide editor, then only if they have access to the person’s google account. Still. Your clients are probably not publishing their google passwords everywhere.

In short, Glide is a safe, and trustworthy platform, which will not be hacked…

Disclaimer: do not blame me if your client gets hacked. It won’t happen though, so why am I writing this disclaimer? :blush: :thinking:

Spam:

This is kinda inevitable. You can’t actually ban people from your app, so if this happens, you might have to filter the user out (if you’re using email or email whitelist.) Of course, if you’re using a public app, then filtering the user will be impossible. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :pensive:
Another disclaimer: I am not responsible if your app gets spammed.

1 Like

As to potential for hacks, we know that banks/credit card companies get hacked, so there is always the potential.

4 Likes

haha thank so much for the info!

2 Likes

This is great Deena thank you - you make a great point about the Bank/ credit card companies - thank you!

1 Like

In my 1+ year with Glide I think there was only 1 instance related to hacker that was reported here and that got solved pretty nicely. I think you’re safe providing you secure your account well.

4 Likes

Whoa what happened? Glide’s been hacked once?! I’ve been using glide for 1 year and I didn’t know that?!?! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Edit: I’m actually gonna shut up now before I drive customers away from Glide

I’m not sure that was Glide’s fault or not, can’t find that post. The person has pins continuously sent to his email and other users.

1 Like